Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    Armed man shot and killed after entering secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, Secret Service says

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiFebruary 22, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Armed man shot and killed after entering secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, Secret Service says
    Armed man shot and killed after entering secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, Secret Service says
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The U.S. Secret Service announced Sunday that an armed man was shot and killed after entering the secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s resort in Palm Beach, Florida.

    Although Trump often spends weekends at his resort, he was at the White House during this incident.

    First lady Melania Trump was also with the president.

    The name of the person who was shot has not been released. According to the Secret Service, he was “observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.” The incident took place at 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

    Palm Beach County Sheriff Rick Bradshaw, speaking at a brief press conference, said the man was confronted by two Secret Service agents and a sheriff’s deputy.

    “He was ordered to drop those two pieces of equipment that he had with them. At which time he put down the gas can, raised the shotgun to a shooting position,” Bradshaw said. The two agents and the deputy “fired their weapons to neutralize the threat.”

    The FBI asked residents who live near Mar-a-Lago to check any security cameras they may have for footage that could help investigators.

    The suspect, who was in his early 20s and from North Carolina, was reported missing a few days ago by his family. Investigators believe he left North Carolina and headed south, picking up a shotgun along the way, Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, who added that the box for the gun was recovered in his vehicle.
    Guglielmi said that the man drove through the north gate of Mar-a-Lago as another vehicle was exiting.
    Investigators are working to compile a psychological profile and a motive is still under investigation. Asked whether the individual was known to law enforcement, Bradshaw said “not right now.”

    The incident comes as the U.S. has been rocked multiple times in recent years by political violence. Just last year, that included the assassination of conservative activist Charlie Kirk, the assassination of the Democratic leader in the Minnesota state House and her husband and the shooting of another lawmaker and his wife, and an arson attack at the official residence of Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro.

    The incursion on Saturday at Trump’s Florida home is a few miles from his West Palm Beach golf club where a man tried to assassinate Trump while he played golf during the 2024 election. A Secret Service agent spotted that man, Ryan Routh, aiming a rifle through the shrubbery before Trump came into view. Officials said Routh aimed his rifle at the agent, who opened fire and caused Routh to drop his weapon.

    Routh was found guilty last year and sentenced this month to life in prison.

    Trump also survived an assassination attempt at a Butler, Pennsylvania campaign rally in 2024. That gunman fired eight shots before being killed by a Secret Service counter sniper.

    The White House did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment on Sunday.
    By Agencies

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Mexico’s most wanted drug lord ‘El Mencho’ killed in military operation

    February 22, 2026

    NFL wide receiver Rondale Moore found dead at 25

    February 22, 2026

    TSA says PreCheck and Global Entry programs ‘operational’ after DHS suspension, sparking confusion

    February 22, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Mexico’s most wanted drug lord ‘El Mencho’ killed in military operation

    February 22, 2026

    NFL wide receiver Rondale Moore found dead at 25

    February 22, 2026

    UDA suspends grassroots meetings in Gusii ahead of opposition tour

    February 22, 2026

    TSA says PreCheck and Global Entry programs ‘operational’ after DHS suspension, sparking confusion

    February 22, 2026

    DCI probes killing of man during ODM faction in Mbale, Vihiga County

    February 22, 2026

    Armed man shot and killed after entering secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, Secret Service says

    February 22, 2026

    MP Karauri declares Nairobi governor bid as 2027 race heats up

    February 22, 2026

    Demand Rises for Certified Online Qur’an Teachers

    February 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.