Four family members arrested over murder of father in Nakuru

Four members of a family were arrested over the murder of their aged father in Bahati, Nakuru County.
Police said Peter Mwangi, 73, succumbed to his injuries in hospital after an assault in his house. The assault happened on February 15, before the man succumbed to the injuries later.
Police visited the scene and recovered two pieces of wooden blood stained rods that were used in the crime. Police said they also found blood stains in the house, floor and bed.
The exhibits had been thrown in a pit latrine in the compound, police said.
It was then that the team arrested the two sons, his wife and daughter. Police said they were all under interrogation to get more information on the murder as the body was moved to the mortuary pending an autopsy and other procedures.
The motive of the murder was not immediately known, police said.
Meanwhile, officials are investigating an incident where a boy aged eight died of food poisoning in Ganze, Kilifi County. Police said nine other family members were admitted in hospital with severe stomach pains after the incident.
The family had consumed chapatis that had been prepared for lunch on February 15 when they started to experience stomach pains and vomited.
They were rushed to the hospital where the boy succumbed while the other family members were admitted in stable condition.
Samples from the food were picked up by officials for analysis as part of the probe into the incident.
Elsewhere in Bondo, Siaya County, a suspect was stoned to death in a failed robbery of a mobile phone. The suspect is said to have been a pillion passenger along Koyucho-Gunda Sigomere road when they were confronted by a mob.
This was after he and the said accomplices who escaped tried to snatch a mobile phone from a pedestrian on Sunday night. An alarm was raised that alerted locals who responded by stoning him to death. The body was moved to the mortuary pending an autopsy and identification.
