Site icon Kahawatungu

Two men killed after sand-harvesting wall collapses in Machakos

two electrocuted nderi

FILE IMAGE OF A POLICE LINE

Two men died after a wall collapsed on them while they were harvesting sand in Athi River South Sub-County, Machakos County, on Thursday.

The deceased were identified as Hassan Iddi Ali, 48, and Amos Musyoki Nzioka, 37.

The incident was reported by a man who said a group of five people had gone to the site to harvest sand when the wall suddenly collapsed, burying the two men.

Police officers rushed to the scene and retrieved the bodies from beneath the debris.

Both men had suffered severe injuries, including broken legs and head injuries, and were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police processed and photographed the scene as investigations into the circumstances surrounding the collapse got underway.

And a three-year-old boy drowned in a fish pond while playing with other children in Nyangati area, Mwea East Sub-County, Kirinyaga County, on Thursday afternoon.

The deceased aged between three and four years, was visiting his grandparents when the incident occurred at about 4pm.

According to police, the boy who lived with his mother in Machakos County, had been visiting his grandparents when he drowned in the fish pond.

Police officers visited the scene after the incident was reported and found that the boy had already been retrieved from the pond but had succumbed.

The scene was processed and documented by Crime Scene Investigation personnel from Kerugoya.

Police said the boy had no visible physical injuries. His body was later moved to Kibugi Funeral Home, where it was preserved pending an autopsy.

Investigations into the circumstances of the drowning are ongoing.

Meanwhile, the body of an unidentified man, believed to be about 55 years old, was found floating in a dam at a farm in Kaimbaga Village, Nyandarua Central Sub-County, on Thursday evening.

The body was discovered in a man-made dam within a farm operated by Blueing Africa Ltd. The incident was reported to Ol Kalou Police Station at about 6:34pm by a security supervisor at the company.

Police established that the deceased was an unidentified adult male who had injuries on his forehead. The circumstances leading to his death remained unclear.

Crime Scene Investigation personnel processed and documented the scene before the body was moved to JM Hospital mortuary, where it was preserved pending an autopsy.

Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the man’s death and efforts to establish his identity are ongoing.

Exit mobile version