Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    “Patient Who Died At MP Shah Didn’t Have Coronavirus”, Gov’t Says As It launches Probe For Leak

    Wycliffe NyamasegeBy Wycliffe NyamasegeMarch 8, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The government has broken its silence after reports emerged that a patient exhibiting coronavirus-like symptoms passed on in Nairobi yesterday.

    In a tweet on Sunday, the Health Ministry stated that samples taken from the patient, who passed away at the MP Shah hospital, tested negative for the virus.

    “The Government wishes to inform the public that there is NO confirmed case of #Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease in Kenya. Last evening, one suspected case (now deceased), was investigated at MP Shah hospital but turned negative on testing for COVID-19, ” the tweet reads.

    UPDATE: The Government wishes to inform the public that there is NO confirmed case of #Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease in Kenya. Last evening, one suspected case (now deceased), was investigated at MP Shah hospital but turned negative on testing for COVID-19.

    — Spokesperson GoK (@SpokespersonGoK) March 8, 2020

    The government added that investigations are ongoing to establish the source of the leakage of “confidential patient information.”

    “Meanwhile, investigations have been launched to determine how privileged and confidential patient information was leaked out and shared on social media, ” the government said.

    2. Meanwhile, investigations have been launched to determine how privileged and confidential patient information was leaked out and shared on social media.

    — Spokesperson GoK (@SpokespersonGoK) March 8, 2020

    Read: Panic As Man With Coronavirus-like Symptoms Dies In Nairobi After A Flight From India

    According to a report by Citizen TV, the deceased, a Kenyan man of Indian descent complained of fever shortly after flying into the country from India.

    The 59-year-old was admitted at the private hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where he died three hours later.

    The reports elicited angry reactions on social media with a section of netizens, who believed the man had been infected with the virus, questioned how he was cleared at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) where the government said it had activated screening.

    The reports come just hours after the government launched an isolation facility at Mbagathi Hospital to handle coronavirus cases.

    Read Also: Coronavirus: Gov’t Temporary Lifts Italy Flight Ban, Suspends International Activities In Kenya

    While opening the facility on Friday, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe said 1100 health workers have been trained to handle coronavirus cases.

    The coronavirus that broke out in China in December last year has killed over 3500 people with at least 95000 others infected globally.

    However, in Africa, the cases have been minimal, with a majority of those confirmed to have the deadly virus being foreigners.

    The Kenyan government has maintained that there are no cases of coronavirus in the country as all reported cases have tested negative.

    According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), coronavirus is a respiratory illness clinically resembling viral pneumonia and manifesting as fever, cough, and shortness of breath.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254707482874. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Coronavirus
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Wycliffe Nyamasege

    Email news@localhost

    Related Posts

    Arati Stares at Isolation as Allies Abandon Him Over His Ties With Ruto

    May 20, 2026

    KRA increases operations on smuggling and tax evasion at key entry points

    May 20, 2026

    LSK moves to court over increase of fuel charges

    May 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Lance Ito Net Worth

    May 20, 2026

    Arsenal champions as Man City draw at Bournemouth

    May 20, 2026

    Boats, fire and an AI song – inside Arsenal’s title win

    May 20, 2026

    Arati Stares at Isolation as Allies Abandon Him Over His Ties With Ruto

    May 20, 2026

    Trump endorses Paxton in Texas, gambling on a challenger with baggage in a crucial race

    May 20, 2026

    Three Canadian off-duty officers arrested in Spain over ‘serious’ allegations

    May 20, 2026

    KRA increases operations on smuggling and tax evasion at key entry points

    May 20, 2026

    LSK moves to court over increase of fuel charges

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.