Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    52 Kolanya High School Students Test Positive For Covid-19

    Wycliffe NyamasegeBy Wycliffe NyamasegeNovember 3, 2020Updated:November 3, 2020No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    52 students at Salvation Army Kolanya Boys High School in Busia County have tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19).

    The students are among 60 people including six teachers and two support staff members who tested positive for the disease from 100 samples collected from the school.

    Speaking to members of the press on Tuesday at Busia County Headquarters, Governor Sospeter Ojaamong said the positive cases have been isolated within the school and medical staff deployed to manage them.

    The county boss said the rest of the school fraternity has been quarantined within the institution.

    Read: 10 Maranda High School Students Test Positive For Covid-19 After Targeted Testing

    He revealed that the County has so far reported a total of 1,683 positive cases out of 75,564 tests carried out.:

    The latest comes just days after 10 more students tested positive for Covid-19 at Maranda High School.

    The two schools are among a number of learning institutions that have reported Covid-19 cases since schools reopened on October 12 for Grade 4 (Competency-Based Curriculum), Class 8 and Form 4 learners as the country continues to witness a surge.

    Read Also: Tononoka Secondary School Principal Dies of COVID-19 Days After Staff Tested Positive

    Tononoka Secondary Principal Mohammed Khamis, whose school reported several cases, succumbed to the respiratory disease last week.

    Despite the rising numbers, Health Cabinet Secretary George Magoha recently said the government won’t close schools but will come up with better ways of dealing with the Covid-19 situation in schools.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254707482874. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Busia COVID-19
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Wycliffe Nyamasege

    Email news@localhost

    Related Posts

    Top surgeon at The Karen Hospital dies after fall at Karen mall

    May 24, 2026

    Drama as man grabs Ruto in security breach in Kilifi 

    May 24, 2026

    Former MP Were’s son dies after attack in Kisumu

    May 24, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Top surgeon at The Karen Hospital dies after fall at Karen mall

    May 24, 2026

    Drama as man grabs Ruto in security breach in Kilifi 

    May 24, 2026

    FKF and SJAK Mourn Veteran Football Commentator Diblo Kaberia

    May 24, 2026

    Former MP Were’s son dies after attack in Kisumu

    May 24, 2026

    Nigeria’s President Tinubu to run for re-election

    May 24, 2026

    UDA SG Omar apologizes over remarks seen divisive

    May 24, 2026

    YG Net Worth: How Rich Is the Rapper YG?

    May 24, 2026

    Radio Jambo Commentator Diblo Kaberia Dies

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.