Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    Andrew released under investigation after arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterFebruary 20, 2026No Comments6 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was released under investigation following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

    On Thursday morning, Thames Valley Police said it had arrested a man in his 60s in Norfolk and was carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

    King Charles III said the “law must take its course” in response to Andrew’s arrest and that the police had his “full and wholehearted support and co-operation”.

    Police had previously said they were considering investigating Andrew over allegations relating to his association with the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and were reviewing allegations he shared confidential material.

    Communications between the pair featured among the tranche of files released by the US government.

    In an updated statement on Thursday evening, Thames Valley Police confirmed the man “had been released under investigation”. It added that its searches in Norfolk had now been concluded.

    The former prince was pictured slumped back in the back seat of a vehicle after leaving Aylsham police station.

    This is the first time Andrew has been arrested. He has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing.

    Thames Valley Police said that, following a “thorough assessment”, a formal investigation had now been opened.

    It also said earlier in February that it was assessing a separate allegation that a second woman was sent to the UK by Epstein for a sexual encounter with Andrew in 2010. The woman, who is not British, was in her 20s at the time.

    BBC News understands that Thames Valley Police contacted the Home Office to give them advance warning before Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested.

    The arrest, which took place at Sandringham at 08:00 GMT on Thursday, is not in relation to any allegations of sexual offences.

    Vehicles believed to be unmarked police cars were seen outside the King’s Norfolk estate, where the former prince has been living since leaving his home in Windsor, in Berkshire.

    The BBC understands that Royal Lodge – Andrew’s former home in Windsor Great Park – is being searched by police. A number of uniformed officers have been seen beyond the gates.

    Thames Valley Police said it was not naming the arrested man “as per national guidance”, and warned that as the case was now active, care must be taken to avoid being in contempt of court.

    Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: “We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time.”

    Norfolk Constabulary told the BBC it was “supporting a Thames Valley Police investigation into misconduct in a public office”.

    The former Duke of York served as the UK’s trade envoy between 2001 and 2011, travelling globally and enjoying privileged access to senior government and business contacts around the world.

    In 2010, Andrew appears to have forwarded government reports from visits to Vietnam, Singapore and China to Epstein, files relating to the late financier recently released by the US Department of Justice appear to show.

    The documents also appear to show Andrew forwarded information on investment opportunities in gold and uranium in Afghanistan to Epstein.

    Under official guidance, trade envoys have a duty of confidentiality over sensitive, commercial, or political information about their official visits.

    King Charles said he learned of the news his brother’s arrest with the “deepest concern”.

    “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities,” he said in a statement.

    “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

    “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”

    The BBC understands that the Prince and Princess of Wales support the King’s statement.

    It is also understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace were given advance warning of Andrew’s arrest, which occurred on his 66th birthday.

    The royals have been maintaining a business as usual approach, opting to continue with their engagements, despite the extraordinary developments of this morning.

    The King, who had been attending a solo engagement to mark the start of London Fashion Week on Thursday, did not react to questions from reporters asking for his reaction to his brother’s arrest.

    Queen Camilla was asked about the arrest of her brother-in-law as she left an engagement in Windsor on Thursday.

    “Are you concerned about Andrew’s arrest, your Majesty?” the Queen was asked as she got into a waiting car outside a lunchtime orchestral concert at Sinfonia Smith Square Hall. She was seen waving but did not respond.

    Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing over his association with Epstein. He has not responded to the BBC’s requests for comment on the specific allegations in relation to the release of millions of Epstein files in January.

    Meanwhile, former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown has told the BBC that he has submitted a five-page letter to several UK police forces providing new and additional information from the Epstein files.

    In a statement, Brown says the new information is in addition to what he submitted to the forces last week, in which he “expressed my concern that we secure justice for trafficked girls and women”.

    The brother of the late Virginia Giuffre, Sky Roberts has told BBC Newsnight that he believes his sister had been “vindicated” by news of Andrew’s arrest.

    The former prince previously faced allegations from Virginia Giuffre, which were settled out of court.

    She alleged she was made to have sex with Andrew on a number of occasions, including on Epstein’s private island Little St James in the early 2000s.

    The settlement reached between the two made no admission of wrongdoing on Andrew’s part.

    Despite acknowledging the reasoning behind Andrew’s arrest as “not a direct correlation” to Virginia’s allegations, Roberts heralded the moment as a “win for survivors”.

    “We wouldn’t be here without her (Virginia). We wouldn’t be to a moment [sic] where this would have been investigated to this point” he said.

    Roberts also commended the King for his support of the investigation by Thames Valley Police, adding: “I say thank you to the King and to the Royal Family for standing behind survivors”.

    Andrew stepped back from royal duties in 2019 as he said the allegations had become a “disruption” for the royal family.

    He subsequently lost his military titles and royal patronages as Giuffre brought a civil action against him in the US in 2022.

    Andrew was stripped of his princely title in October 2025, the same month Giuffre’s posthumous memoir was published and as fresh details about his association with Epstein came to light.

    US President Donald Trump reacting to the arrest told reporters: “I think it’s very sad. I think it’s so bad for the Royal family.”

    By BBC News

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Trump directs US government to prepare release of files on aliens and UFOs

    February 20, 2026

    Single vaccine could protect against all coughs, colds and flus, researchers say

    February 20, 2026

    Nasa boss says Boeing Starliner failure one of worst in its history

    February 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    What is Jeff Sessions Net Worth?

    February 20, 2026

    What is Lindsey Graham Net Worth?

    February 20, 2026

    Trump directs US government to prepare release of files on aliens and UFOs

    February 20, 2026

    How to Make eWallet

    February 20, 2026

    Single vaccine could protect against all coughs, colds and flus, researchers say

    February 20, 2026

    Nasa boss says Boeing Starliner failure one of worst in its history

    February 20, 2026

    How to Make Egg Custard

    February 20, 2026

    The Chinese AI app sending Hollywood into a panic

    February 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.