Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    FKF team to meet to discuss Hussein fate over fraud claims

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterApril 23, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Football Kenya Federation (FKF) President Hussein Mohammed could be on his way out following allegations of insurance fraud.

    Members of FKF Executive Committee are scheduled to hold a meeting on Friday to discuss Mohammed’s fate.
    Also likely to be removed is NEC member Yussuf Abdalla.

    A source in the federation said the NEC members are shocked at the allegations that have emerged over the Sh42million insurance deal.

    “They are totally shocked and have decided to take action so that they are not accused of being complicit to the accusations and have decided to take action,” said a source.

    Pressure is mounting on Hussein to resign following the scandal which saw FKF pay out Sh42million to Riskwell Insurance Company.

    More surprising is the fact that the company Riskwell Insurance Brokers Limited was registered just two months before being contracted and paid millions of shillings with no evidence that they provided the cover.

    Provision of the civil liability cover worth $30million (Approximately Sh3.8billion) was a key requirement by the Confederation of African of Football (CAF) for the three Countries-Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania in hosting the CHAN tournament.

    On July 17, 2025, now suspended FKF Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Harold Ndege wrote a letter to his counterpart in the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) for CHAN detailing the steps the federation had made in acquiring the cover.

    Myke Rabar held the position at the time.

    In the letter Ndege pointed out that FKF had requested and received a quotation from three companies to provide cover-General Civil Liability limit of Sh3.8billion as well as employee related covers for both CAF and LOC during the tournament and medical cover for both CAF and LOC staff during the tournament.

    According to Ndege’s letter, the three companies that quoted to provide the requested service were Takaful Insurance, Old Mutual and Britam with the latter quoting a premium of $226,013 (Sh29,155,677).

    However, without any explanation, FKF paid out $328,735 (Sh42,406,815) to Riskwell Insurance Brokers.

    The money was paid out on August 4, 2025 under the instructions of FKF President Hussein Mohammed from an Ecobank Account to Riskwell’s account at First Community Bank.

    Riskwell according to documents in our passion was registered on June 25,2025 with three directors Mohamud Yarrow Ibrahim, Nyairo Tom Nyairo and Abdullahi Mohamud Sheikh.

    Ibrahim and Nyairo hold 300 shares each while Sheikh is the majority shareholder with 400 shares.

    We also confirmed that one of the shareholders of Riskwell Insurance is a related to a top FKF official.

    We made several efforts to to get a reaction from Football Kenya Federation (FKF) in vain.

    Acting FKF Chief Executive Dennis Gacheru did not pick our calls or answer questions sent to him directly in the matter.

    Even FKF President Hussein Mohammed did not respond to our questions regarding the matter.

    Nicholas Musonye who chaired the Local Organising Committee (LOC) for the CHAN tournament insisted that the event was duly covered as required by CAF. He however did not reveal which company had been contracted to provide the insurance services.

    “CAF would not have allowed the tournament to go ahead without the insurance coverage. It was a key requirement,” said Musonye when contacted.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Football Kenya Federation (FKF) Hussein Mohammed
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Key suspect arrested over murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto

    May 20, 2026

    Two shot dead during chaotic anti-fuel price protests in Busia Town.

    May 20, 2026

    Muturi Accuses Government of Using Global Crisis to Mask Domestic Economic Failures

    May 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Key suspect arrested over murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto

    May 20, 2026

    Up to 350 jobs under threat at Meta in Ireland

    May 20, 2026

    Barney Frank: One of the first openly gay US congressmen dies aged 86

    May 20, 2026

    Two shot dead during chaotic anti-fuel price protests in Busia Town.

    May 20, 2026

    Muturi Accuses Government of Using Global Crisis to Mask Domestic Economic Failures

    May 20, 2026

    China confirms it will buy 200 Boeing jets after Trump-Xi summit

    May 20, 2026

    Trump exerts iron grip on Republican Party with Massie defeated

    May 20, 2026

    US groups urge investigation into child safety and spending on Roblox

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.