Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    Supreme Court again rejects Trump’s bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiAugust 18, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Supreme Court again rejects Trump's bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case
    Supreme Court again rejects Trump's bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    For a second time, the US Supreme Court has declined President Donald Trump’s bid to overturn a federal civil jury verdict that found him liable for sexually abusing and defaming writer E Jean Carroll. In June, the top court had already denied a prior attempt by Trump to review the civil case.

    The president has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and argued that the judge who oversaw the civil trial improperly allowed evidence to be presented that affected the jury’s perceptions of him.

    In July, he paid Carroll more than $5m (£3.6m) in damages over her civil claim that Trump sexually assaulted her in the 1990s, and then branded the incident a hoax on social media.

    “We are pleased that the United States Supreme Court has declined again to hear this case,” Carroll’s attorney, Roberta Kaplan, said in a statement following the decision.

    “As a result, the jury’s unanimous verdict that Donald Trump sexually assaulted and then defamed E. Jean Carroll is now final and cannot be challenged in any court,” she added.

    The court’s decision was posted as part of an order list on Monday, but offered no explanation for why the justices declined to rehear the case.

    Legal experts said that Trump’s request to reconsider its previous June rejection was an unusual long-shot legal manoeuver, as the court rarely grants similar requests.

    Carroll, a former magazine columnist who is now 82, sued Trump for attacking her in a Manhattan department store dressing room in the mid-1990s.

    The defamation stemmed from a 2022 post on Truth Social in which he denied the claims and said Carroll was “not my type”.

    Trump has yet to comment on the court’s latest decision to not rehear the case.

    In a lengthy Truth Social post following the earlier decision in June, Trump vowed to continue battling what he termed the “weaponisation and lawfare case” and the “ridiculous” claim of defamation.

    “This Case is really against the United States of America, and all it stands for, and should never be allowed to happen to another President, or Candidate to be,” he added.

    In the initial petition to the Supreme Court, Trump’s lawyers argued that Carroll’s lawyers should not have let jurors see now infamous Access Hollywood footage from 2005 in which he used crude language as he discussed groping and kissing women.

    Trump has also asked the Supreme Court to overturn a separate federal civil defamation verdict awarding Carroll $83.3m.

    His lawyers have argued that Trump cannot be sued for comments he made while he was president.
    The top court has not made a decision in that case.

    By BBC News

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran issue

    August 18, 2026

    Bangladesh says PM will not visit India until Hasina is extradited

    August 17, 2026

    Zambia’s Hichilema leads presidential vote count

    August 17, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Supreme Court again rejects Trump’s bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case

    August 18, 2026

    Kisii County office faces eviction over Sh2.4 million rent arrears

    August 18, 2026

    Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran issue

    August 18, 2026

    ‘It was a state-backed ambush,’ says Linda Mwananchi over Homa Bay chaos

    August 18, 2026

    A Buyer’s Guide to Bidding Confidently at Vintage Guitar Auctions

    August 18, 2026

    Bangladesh says PM will not visit India until Hasina is extradited

    August 17, 2026

    Zambia’s Hichilema leads presidential vote count

    August 17, 2026

    Ronaldo says ‘probably’ in last year of career

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.