Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    Trump confirms Mike Waltz will be replaced as national security adviser

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiMay 2, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Mike Waltz
    Mike Waltz
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    President Donald Trump said Thursday that he will nominate Mike Waltz to be the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, confirming earlier reports that Waltz was being ousted as national security advisor.

    Trump said that Secretary of State Marco Rubio would serve as interim national security advisor until that post is filled.

    The announcement came hours after multiple news reports that Walz would leave that role amid continued controversy over his creation of a Signal messaging app chat thread that was used by Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth to reveal U.S. military plans.

    The president had previously nominated Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., for the U.N. ambassador slot.
    But Trump withdrew Stefanik’s nomination in late March, citing the very slim majority that Republicans hold in the House of Representatives.

    “I am pleased to announce that I will be nominating Mike Waltz to be the next United States Ambassador to the United Nations,” Trump wrote in a Truth Social post on Thursday.

    “From his time in uniform on the battlefield, in Congress and, as my National Security Advisor, Mike Waltz has worked hard to put our Nation’s Interests first. I know he will do the same in his new role,” Trump wrote.

    “In the interim, Secretary of State Marco Rubio will serve as National Security Advisor, while continuing his strong leadership at the State Department. Together, we will continue to fight tirelessly to Make America, and the World, SAFE AGAIN. Thank you for your attention to this matter!”
    Waltz leaving his post at the National Security Council and moving to the ambassador role, which will require Senate confirmation, marks the first major shifting of positions in Trump’s second administration.

    Waltz, 51, previously served in the House, representing a Florida district. Earlier, he served in the U.S. Army as a Special Forces officer.

    By CNBC

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Tupac murder accused told police in 2008 his nephew fired fatal shots

    August 22, 2026

    Canada says it will match US tariffs ‘dollar for dollar’ as trade talks break down

    August 22, 2026

    TikTok to pay $400m to US in one of largest child privacy settlements

    August 22, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Kenya sends condolences to Ecuador after death of intelligence boss in chopper crash 

    August 22, 2026

    World Bank sanctions eCitizen director Ayugi and his company Webmasters

    August 22, 2026

    Top KCB official Rosemary Koech dies by suicide at her Ngong home 

    August 22, 2026

    Ex- High Court Judge Joseph Mbalu Mutava dies

    August 22, 2026

    How to Check If an Infant Is Hungry

    August 22, 2026

    How to Check If an Infant Is Sick at Home

    August 22, 2026

    Homicide team joins probe and search at Samburu helicopter crash site

    August 22, 2026

    How to Check If an Infant Is Teething

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.