Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    SPORTS

    Victor Wanyama Returns In Tottenham’s Loss To Liverpool

    Bonface OsanoBy Bonface OsanoSeptember 15, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    wanyama
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    wanyama

    Victor Wanyama came on a second half substitute in Tottenham Hostpur’s 2-1 loss to Liverpool in the Premier League at Wembley on Saturday.

    The 27-year-old replaced Eric Dier in the 82nd minute for his first taste of league football since returning from a nagging knee injury.

    Georginio Wijnaldum put Liverpool in the lead in the 39th minute with a fine header before Roberto Firmino doubled the lead after the breather in the 54th minute.

    Erik Manuel Lamela grabbed the consolation for the hosts in the 90th minute but it was not enough to deny the reds their fifth win on the trot.

    Wanyama missed Harambee Stars’ 2019 Afcon qualifier against Ghana in Nairobi last week, staying behind to continue with his rehabilitation despite earning a call up.

    Stars coach Sebastien Migne, despite winning the match 1-0 felt his captain should have showed up to be assessed by the national team’s medical team.

    He called for professionalism and change of attitude moving forward.

    Wanyama’s return to full fitness is a big boost for the Harambee Stars, who play Ethiopia back to back when the qualifiers resume next month.

    Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Liverpool Tottenham Hotspur Victor Wanyama
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Bonface Osano
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • X (Twitter)
    • LinkedIn

    Communication And Media Student. Sports Writer. You got a story that needs to be covered? Send it via Email Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    PS Omollo Gives Update on Ithookwe Stadium Construction in Kitui

    May 17, 2026

    Man Utd reach agreement to appoint Carrick manager

    May 16, 2026

    NFL Legend Charle Young Dies at 75

    May 13, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Female suspect in Sh56 million fake gold scam on an American arrested in Kilimani, Nairobi

    May 17, 2026

    Evans Kidero Urges Luo Unity Behind William Ruto, Defends Winnie Odinga Remarks on John Mbadi

    May 17, 2026

    Trump warns ‘clock is ticking’ for Iran as peace progress stalls

    May 17, 2026

    Murkomen vows justice in attack on gospel artist Wandeto

    May 17, 2026

    Schools postpone classes over planned strike by transport sector player over high cost of fuel

    May 17, 2026

    Drone strike sparks fire on the edge of the UAE’s nuclear power plant in latest blow to Iran truce

    May 17, 2026

    Large-scale Ukrainian drone attack kills three in Moscow region, says Russia

    May 17, 2026

    Cheluget Dedicates Regional Leadership Award to Immigration Officers

    May 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.