Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort in Mombasa is on the spot after feeding its customer, Vivian Kiarie, with a corrosive chemical while on her stay in Mombasa.
Ms Kiarie, who has already sued the hotel says that the incidence happened on June 7, 2015, when she, her 15-year-old daughter and sister checked into the facility for seven days.
However, on the second day of their stay, she consumed a corrosive chemical erroneously placed among bottles of drinking water in her room.
This forced her to check out on June 11, 2015 and transferred to Serena Beach Hotel. They reported the matter to the Bamburi Police Station on June 14. However, the hotel refused to accept liability for the incident.
“Immediately after drinking the water, I experienced an intense burning sensation on my lips, mouth and throat,” she says in court papers.
According to reports by the Standard, he hotel disposed of the seals of the suspect bottle.
The hotel has denied any wrongdoing and has refuted all claims against it. However, it has acknowledged that the incident was reported.
Mombasa Principal Magistrate Charles Ndegwa will make a ruling on December 14.
Ms Kiarie is seeking a Ksh568,868 compensation for damages.
Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com Also WhatsApp 0708677607 with your news tipsEmail your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254707482874