Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Kuwait Clarifies Kenya Domestic Workers Issue, Says Suspension Was Imposed by Kenya

    David WafulaBy David WafulaJune 12, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Kuwait Clarifies Kenya Domestic Workers Issue, Says Suspension Was Imposed by Kenya
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Government of Kuwait has dismissed reports that it recently imposed a new ban on the recruitment of Kenyan domestic workers, stating that the suspension of domestic worker deployment originated from the Kenyan government nearly a decade ago.

    The clarification comes days after Kuwait’s Interior Ministry issued a directive prohibiting the recruitment of domestic workers from Kenya and 26 other countries as part of a broader review of labour recruitment procedures and regulations.

    According to reports, the directive was adopted following recommendations from Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Health and the Public Authority for Manpower. The listed countries include Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Nigeria, Malawi, Chad, Djibouti and several other African nations.

    In a statement issued on Thursday, the Kenyan Embassy in Kuwait said recent media reports had incorrectly portrayed the development as a fresh ban targeting Kenya.

    “Kenya has not been newly banned from sending domestic workers to Kuwait. The Government of Kenya voluntarily suspended the deployment of domestic workers to Kuwait approximately ten years ago, and that position remains in effect,” the embassy said.

    The mission explained that the communication issued by Kuwaiti authorities reflects the existing regulatory framework governing domestic worker recruitment rather than a new policy action against Kenya or Kenyan workers.

    The embassy noted that discussions between Nairobi and Kuwait City are ongoing with the aim of establishing a bilateral framework for the domestic labour sector, including agreed safeguards and procedures that could support future cooperation.

    It further clarified that the restrictions relate only to domestic workers and do not affect other categories of Kenyan employees seeking jobs in Kuwait.

    “All other categories of Kenyan workers remain eligible to pursue employment opportunities in Kuwait in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of both countries,” the embassy stated.

    The embassy also emphasized that Kuwait remains an important destination for Kenyan migrant workers, with many securing employment opportunities across different sectors due to their skills, professionalism and strong work ethic.

    Kuwait’s latest labour directive allows the recruitment of domestic workers from some countries under specific conditions, including restrictions based on gender, as authorities seek to strengthen oversight and regulation of the sector.

     

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    David Wafula

    Related Posts

    Donya defends Ruto as she courts Bonchari voters with empowerment drive

    August 17, 2026

    37 suspected gang members arrested in connection with Homa Bay chaos

    August 17, 2026

    Activist demands security recruitment audit, alleges nepotism in KDF intake

    August 17, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Bangladesh says PM will not visit India until Hasina is extradited

    August 17, 2026

    Zambia’s Hichilema leads presidential vote count

    August 17, 2026

    Ronaldo says ‘probably’ in last year of career

    August 17, 2026

    Donya defends Ruto as she courts Bonchari voters with empowerment drive

    August 17, 2026

    Trump envoy Kushner meets Netanyahu after Hamas talks on peace plan

    August 17, 2026

    37 suspected gang members arrested in connection with Homa Bay chaos

    August 17, 2026

    Jorrel Hato Siblings: Getting to Know Elgyn Hato

    August 17, 2026

    Tijjani Reijnders Siblings: Meet Syane and Eliano Reijnders

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.