Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    BUSINESS

    Former Kenol-Kobil Executive Patrick Kondo Halts Buyout While Unfair Termination Case Continues

    Merxcine CushBy Merxcine CushJanuary 31, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Kenol-Kobil
    Kenol Petrol Station In Nairobi CBD/courtesy
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link
    Kenol-Kobil
    Kenol Petrol Station In Nairobi CBD/courtesy

    Justice Helen Wasilwa has allowed an injunction order by Patrick Kondo a former executive at Kenol-Kobil that could prevent the signing of the takeover agreement between the oil marketer and the French company Rubies Energies SAS.

    He claims that he was unfairly terminated from the oil marketing company and is seeking compensation amounting to Sh26.8 Million. Mr Kondo worked at Kenol-Kobil  for more than twenty years  and oversaw the company’s acquisitions in the Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi under former chief executive Jacob Segman.

    “That an order of injunction is hereby issued restraining the respondent (Kenol-Kobil) by themselves, agents and assignees from executing and/or implementing the takeover agreement between the respondent and third party or entering into any similar agreement withe aforementioned company pending the hearing and determination of this application inter-parties.”

    This order could affect the Sh35billion transaction which was set to be concluded in March. Rubies Energie SAS had stated that serious legal matters were some of the reasons that would lead to the pulling out of the transaction.

    Mr. Kondo said that he would not be able to get his compensation if he allows the take over agreement to be enforced.

    Read:International Price For Crude Oil Goes Down By 32 Per Cent

    He gave Kenol-Kobil an option of depositing the amount he seeking in an escrow account if they wanted the buyout to continue before his matter is determined at the employment and labor court.

    The oil marketer had been burning the midnight oil trying to resolve any legal disputes.  Recently they compensated the former chief Executive Jacob Segnan Sh 707million.

    Do you have a story you want told? Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com  Also WhatsApp 0708677607 with your news tips

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Employment And Labour Court Kenol Kobil Patrick Kondo Rubies EnergieSAS
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Merxcine Cush
    • Facebook

    You got a story that needs to be covered? Send it via Email Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Revealed; suspect in murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto was her taxi driver, money main motive

    May 21, 2026

    Two shot dead during chaotic anti-fuel price protests in Busia Town

    May 20, 2026

    Key suspect arrested over murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto

    May 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Revealed; suspect in murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto was her taxi driver, money main motive

    May 21, 2026

    US military jets and drones tracked near Cuba as tensions rise

    May 21, 2026

    Russian jets ‘dangerously’ intercept RAF spy plane over Black Sea

    May 21, 2026

    Two shot dead during chaotic anti-fuel price protests in Busia Town

    May 20, 2026

    Key suspect arrested over murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto

    May 20, 2026

    Up to 350 jobs under threat at Meta in Ireland

    May 20, 2026

    Barney Frank: One of the first openly gay US congressmen dies aged 86

    May 20, 2026

    Muturi Accuses Government of Using Global Crisis to Mask Domestic Economic Failures

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.