Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Kiambu Judge In Assa Nyakundi’s Case Recuses Herself Ahead Of Hearing

    OpinionBy OpinionJune 19, 2019Updated:June 19, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    assa nyakundi
    Lawyer Assa Nyakundi. / Courtesy
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Kiambu High Court Judge Christine Meoli has recused herself from hearing a case where lawyer Assa Nyakundi is accused of killing his son.

    According to the judge, she cited conflict of interest since the accused was a classmate.

    Justice Meoli further referred the case to Milimani law court in Nairobi.

    The case has been placed before Justice Ngenye Macharia for mention and further directions.

    Read: Police Launch Manhunt For Lawyer Assa Nyakundi As He Goes Into Hiding

    The city lawyer, who is suspected to have shot his son, was initially charged with manslaughter but the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) applied for the charge to be dropped and substituted with murder charges.

    His legal team however challenged the DPP’s decision to charge him with murder, noting that they prefer the manslaughter charges.

    The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) boss George Kinoti last month interdicted two police officers assigned to probe the killing.

    According to his statement, the lawyer told the detectives that the shotting was an aciident as he was trying to holster his firearm while in the car when he fired, shooting his son in the chest.

    Read also: Assa Nyakundi Not On The Run, Family Lawyer Danstan Omari Says

    An autopsy report conducted on the body of Joseph Nyakundi however indicated that the deceased could have been shot from outside the vehicle and not inside as first reported.

    The report stated: “The angle of shooting according to the projection could be ninety degrees, suggesting there was a confrontation.”

    Nyakundi has since been charged with manslaughter and is out on a cash bail of Ksh.300,000 and a Ksh.1million surety.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254707482874. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Assa Nyakundi Kiambu High Court
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Opinion

    You got a story that needs to be covered? Send it via Email Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Teen nursing gunshot wound in Kahawa West after shooting

    May 21, 2026

    Police launch hunt after cop is tricked into handing over rifle to stranger in Kitale

    May 21, 2026

    Two killed in Bondo mob injustice incident after fatal panga attack

    May 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Teen nursing gunshot wound in Kahawa West after shooting

    May 21, 2026

    Police launch hunt after cop is tricked into handing over rifle to stranger in Kitale

    May 21, 2026

    Two killed in Bondo mob injustice incident after fatal panga attack

    May 21, 2026

    How to Use Nedbank Money App

    May 21, 2026

    Police reopen probe on woman initially reported as suicide after autopsy indicates murder

    May 21, 2026

    How to Use MTN Points

    May 21, 2026

    How to Use Itshe Abelungu Bath Salt

    May 21, 2026

    How to Use Gentle Magic Mask

    May 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.