Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Man electrocuted while connecting power to newly constructed kiosk in Nyamira village

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterMay 24, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    two electrocuted nderi
    FILE IMAGE OF A POLICE LINE
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A 69-year-old man was electrocuted while attempting to connect power to a newly constructed kiosk in Gachuba, Nyamira County.

    Police and Kenya Power and Lighting officials said the incident happened on May 23 evening as Simon Obese tried to connect power to his structure.

    His body was found next to a live naked wire that he was trying to use to connect the power.

    He was rushed to a hospital in the area where he died on arrival.

    Police said the body was moved to the mortuary pending an autopsy and other procedures.

    Cases of electrocution have been on the rise in both urban and rural areas amid campaigns to address them.

    Officials link the same to use of quacks for wiring and illegal power connections.

    There is a campaign to address the menace that has claimed dozens of lives so far, officials said.

    Meanwhile, seven cases of drowning were separately reported in the country on Saturday alone. The cases were reported in Busia, Muranga, Kajiado, Machakos, Siaya and Mombasa Counties.

    Cases of drowning have in the past three months claimed more than 200 lives in the country. Most of them were linked to flooding due to heavy rains.

    The flooding also displaced many and is still threatening others.

    Among the most affected places was Nairobi where dozens of people were killed after floods. Property worth millions of shillings was destroyed in the incidents.

    The latest such incident happened on Thursday May 21 in Sabaki area, Athi River where vehicles were damaged in flooding caused by heavy rains.

    Roads have been rendered impassable in some places in parts of North Eastern due to the rains.

    Most urban roads have developed portholes due to the rains experienced, officials say amid efforts for repairs.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Electrocution Nyamira
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Two killed, 11 injured after bus rolls along Argwings Kodhek Road 

    May 24, 2026

    Sonko suspends NEDP party activities over claims of corruption

    May 24, 2026

    Murkomen calls for concerted efforts to address education and drug abuse crisis

    May 23, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Man electrocuted while connecting power to newly constructed kiosk in Nyamira village

    May 24, 2026

    Two killed, 11 injured after bus rolls along Argwings Kodhek Road 

    May 24, 2026

    Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House

    May 24, 2026

    Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo

    May 24, 2026

    Trump says Iran deal ‘largely negotiated’ including reopening Strait of Hormuz

    May 24, 2026

    Six Nigerians Arrested in Nonthaburi Romance Scam Using AI-Generated Faces

    May 24, 2026

    Sonko suspends NEDP party activities over claims of corruption

    May 24, 2026

    Deported Irish flotilla activists return from Israel

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.