Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Mang’u High sends students home after tension sparks unrest fears

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterJune 5, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Mang’u High School announced the early release of all students following a tense situation that the administration said threatened to disrupt normal learning activities.

    In a communication to parents dated June 4, 2026, Principal Bernard M. Kingah said the school management observed growing tension among a small group of students, culminating in an attempted unrest at around 7:15 p.m.

    The principal noted that the situation was swiftly contained by the school administration and that all students remained safe.

    “The small group attempted to cause unrest in the school at around 7:15 p.m. but we managed to control the situation. All students are safe,” the communication stated.

    As a precautionary measure, the school’s Board of Management (BOM), Parents Association (PA), and administration resolved to release all students on Friday, June 5, at 6:00 a.m. to ease tensions and safeguard the welfare of learners.

    The school said further communication would be issued after the students had been released.

    Mangu High School also thanked parents for their support and prayers as the institution continues to serve its students.

    The circumstances surrounding the reported tension and attempted unrest were not immediately disclosed.

    This is the latest school to close in weeks over unrest.

    The incident comes amid heightened concern over student safety in Kenyan boarding schools following a series of unrest and fire incidents reported in learning institutions across the country in recent weeks.

    At least 16 girls were killed in a fire incident at the Utumishi Girls Academy in Gilgil. Nine students were arrested over the arson attack.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Mang'u High School
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Two including cop die, 46 injured, 6 cars torched during Linda Mwananchi rally in Homa Bay Town

    August 17, 2026

    Kang’ata condemns violence against Linda Mwananchi in Homa Bay, demands action

    August 17, 2026

    Man dies after fight at Kisumu motel

    August 17, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Chaos, dust and development: Homa Bay’s battle to shake off decades of marginalisation

    August 17, 2026

    Matiang’i: President Ruto ‘had knowledge’ of Homa Bay violence

    August 17, 2026

    Two including cop die, 46 injured, 6 cars torched during Linda Mwananchi rally in Homa Bay Town

    August 17, 2026

    Denzel Dumfries Siblings: All About Demelza, Daniëlle and Donovan

    August 17, 2026

    Micky van de Ven Siblings: Getting to Know Caya van de Ven

    August 17, 2026

    Guus Til Siblings: Meet Klaartje, Daan and Kees

    August 17, 2026

    Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote

    August 17, 2026

    Kakuzi Expands Use of AI, Digital Technology to Boost Climate-Smart Farming

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.