Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    NPS Orders Probe Into Viral Arrest Video Allegedly Showing Police Misconduct in Nakuru

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiJune 27, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Inspector General of the NPS Kanja-Douglas
    Inspector General of the NPS Kanja-Douglas
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The National Police Service (NPS) has launched an investigation into a viral video circulating on social media that appears to show the inappropriate handling of a suspect during an arrest in Nakuru City.

    In a statement issued on Friday, NPS Spokesman Muchiri Nyaga said the Service strongly condemns all forms of unprofessional conduct, excessive use of force, and any breach of established policing procedures.

    According to preliminary reports, the incident occurred on Thursday, June 25, 2026, in Nakuru City and may not have complied with the Service’s Standard Operating Procedures or the legal safeguards intended to protect the dignity and constitutional rights of suspects.

    “The behavior captured in the video is unacceptable and contrary to the core values of the National Police Service,” the statement said.

    Inspector General of Police has directed the Internal Affairs Unit (IAU) to conduct a thorough, professional and impartial investigation into the incident and submit its findings within seven days. The Service said appropriate disciplinary or legal action will be taken based on the outcome of the investigation.

    The NPS also appealed to members of the public to assist with the investigation by providing any relevant information through the nearest police station or via emergency numbers 999 and 911, the #FichuaKwaDCI toll-free line (0800 722 203), or WhatsApp number 0709 570 000.

    Reaffirming its commitment to accountability, the National Police Service said it maintains a zero-tolerance policy towards police brutality, misconduct and any actions that erode public trust, adding that it remains dedicated to professional policing that protects all Kenyans while respecting their constitutional rights.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Kisii County office faces eviction over Sh2.4 million rent arrears

    August 18, 2026

    ‘It was a state-backed ambush,’ says Linda Mwananchi over Homa Bay chaos

    August 18, 2026

    Donya defends Ruto as she courts Bonchari voters with empowerment drive

    August 17, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Supreme Court again rejects Trump’s bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case

    August 18, 2026

    Kisii County office faces eviction over Sh2.4 million rent arrears

    August 18, 2026

    Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran issue

    August 18, 2026

    ‘It was a state-backed ambush,’ says Linda Mwananchi over Homa Bay chaos

    August 18, 2026

    A Buyer’s Guide to Bidding Confidently at Vintage Guitar Auctions

    August 18, 2026

    Bangladesh says PM will not visit India until Hasina is extradited

    August 17, 2026

    Zambia’s Hichilema leads presidential vote count

    August 17, 2026

    Ronaldo says ‘probably’ in last year of career

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.