Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    NSSF Directs Employers to Continue Deducting Enhanced Contributions Despite Court of Appeal Ruling

    David WafulaBy David WafulaJune 5, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    DCI Arrests Three Over Sh350 Million Fraudulent Transfer of NSSF Land
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) has directed employers to continue deducting and remitting pension contributions at the current enhanced rates, despite a recent Court of Appeal ruling declining to suspend a judgment that had declared the NSSF Act, 2013 unconstitutional.

    In a statement issued on Friday, June 5, the Fund said the ongoing court proceedings do not affect the current contribution rates being remitted by both employers and employees.

    NSSF further urged members of the public to disregard claims that contributions should revert to the previous structure of Ksh200 for employees and Ksh200 for employers.

    “This is to clarify to our members and stakeholders that the NSSF Act is still in force on account of the judgment of the Court of Appeal rendered on February 3, 2023,” the Fund said.

    “The issues pending determination by the Court do not in any way affect contribution rates by employers and employees, which remain those of the year four cycle in accordance with the Third Schedule of the NSSF Act,” it added.

    The directive comes days after the Court of Appeal dismissed an application by NSSF seeking to suspend the effect of a judgment that had invalidated key provisions of the 2013 Act.

    In a ruling delivered on May 29, 2026, the appellate court held that NSSF had failed to demonstrate that declining to grant a stay order would cause irreparable harm to the pension sector.

    The judges noted that while the Fund had raised arguable legal issues, this alone was insufficient to justify suspending the earlier decision.

    NSSF had argued that the nullification of the 2013 law could disrupt pension contributions, affect the Haba na Haba savings scheme, create uncertainty for members, and interfere with the management of billions of shillings in pension funds.

    However, the court found that the Fund did not provide sufficient evidence, including audited accounts and actuarial reports, to support claims of potential financial or operational disruption.

    The judges further observed that NSSF contributions had previously been collected under the earlier legal framework for years without evidence of systemic collapse or governance failure.

    Despite the ruling, NSSF maintained that the 2013 Act remains operational and defended the enhanced contribution rates, saying they are aimed at strengthening retirement savings and reducing old-age poverty among Kenyans.

     

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    David Wafula

    Related Posts

    Two including cop die, 46 injured, 6 cars torched during Linda Mwananchi rally in Homa Bay Town

    August 17, 2026

    Kang’ata condemns violence against Linda Mwananchi in Homa Bay, demands action

    August 17, 2026

    Man dies after fight at Kisumu motel

    August 17, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Chaos, dust and development: Homa Bay’s battle to shake off decades of marginalisation

    August 17, 2026

    Matiang’i: President Ruto ‘had knowledge’ of Homa Bay violence

    August 17, 2026

    Two including cop die, 46 injured, 6 cars torched during Linda Mwananchi rally in Homa Bay Town

    August 17, 2026

    Denzel Dumfries Siblings: All About Demelza, Daniëlle and Donovan

    August 17, 2026

    Micky van de Ven Siblings: Getting to Know Caya van de Ven

    August 17, 2026

    Guus Til Siblings: Meet Klaartje, Daan and Kees

    August 17, 2026

    Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote

    August 17, 2026

    Kakuzi Expands Use of AI, Digital Technology to Boost Climate-Smart Farming

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.