Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    County News

    Residents Surrender Five Firearms in Bangale, Tana River County

    David WafulaBy David WafulaJanuary 10, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Residents Surrender Five Firearms in Bangale, Tana River County
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Residents of Bangale Sub-County in Tana River County voluntarily surrendered five illegal firearms and 13 rounds of ammunition to a multi-agency security team on Friday, January 9, 2025, in Madogo.

    The weapons included three AK-47s and two G3 rifles. The items have been placed in safe custody pending further administrative action.

    Police said the voluntary surrender is a major success for the ongoing national disarmament initiative, which seeks to improve public safety, peace, and security through community cooperation.

    The National Police Service commended local residents and leaders for responding to the government’s directive.

    “Any individual in possession of an illegal firearm is urged to take advantage of the amnesty period and surrender it. The Service remains committed to safeguarding lives and property across the country,” the police statement read.

    Authorities in Tana River had issued a strict 60-day deadline last year for residents to hand over illegal firearms, warning that failure to comply would trigger a forceful disarmament operation.

    Speaking at a press briefing on December 23, Coast Regional Commissioner Rhoda Onyancha said the government is taking proactive steps to restore security in the area.

    “We are going to carry out a large-scale forceful disarmament after 60 days,” she said.

    The county has experienced several violent inter-clan clashes, prompting targeted government operations to contain the unrest. Commissioner Onyancha added that police are actively pursuing the organisers of the clashes, some of whom remain at large.

     

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    David Wafula

    Related Posts

    Claims of illegal bursary sales spark protests in Masimba as residents scramble for forms

    May 15, 2026

    Stay Away From Drugs or Risk Your Future – Kisii Senator Warns Students 

    May 8, 2026

    Water Supply Disrupted in Parts of Nairobi After Pipeline Burst

    May 1, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    China confirms it will buy 200 Boeing jets after Trump-Xi summit

    May 20, 2026

    Trump exerts iron grip on Republican Party with Massie defeated

    May 20, 2026

    US groups urge investigation into child safety and spending on Roblox

    May 20, 2026

    Nigeria arrests former minister in hiding after corruption conviction

    May 20, 2026

    Pius Suter Siblings: Get to Know Kaj Suter

    May 20, 2026

    Jake Allen Siblings: Getting to Know Taylor Allen

    May 20, 2026

    Dougie Hamilton Siblings: Getting to Know Freddie Hamilton

    May 20, 2026

    Court affirms right to amend gender markers, advancing transgender rights

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.