Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    Billionaire Les Wexner tells US lawmakers he was ‘naive’ and ‘conned’ by Epstein

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterFebruary 19, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    US billionaire Les Wexner, who is alleged to have played a key role in helping Jeffrey Epstein build his wealth, has described himself as “naive, foolish and gullible” for trusting the late sex offender.

    In a statement to US lawmakers, the former CEO of Victoria’s Secret lingerie brand accused Epstein of stealing “vast sums” of money from his family when working as his financial adviser.

    Wexner, who was testifying before a House committee as part of its probe into the Epstein case, has denied any wrongdoing.

    He was described as a potential co-conspirator of Epstein’s in a 2019 FBI document, but no charges were ever brought against him.

    Lawmakers accused the billionaire of knowing about the crimes of Epstein but failing to stop them.

    Wexner was called before the House of Representatives Oversight Committee on Wednesday to answer questions surrounding his relationship with Epstein in the wake of the release of thousands of documents related to the financier’s wrongdoing.

    Members of the committee travelled to Wexner’s home state of Ohio for the testimony.

    A spokesperson for the 88-year-old tycoon told the BBC: “Mr Wexner honestly answered every question put to him today by the Committee.

    “Mr Wexner reiterated that he has no knowledge of, and did not participate in, Epstein’s illegal conduct. He stands by that fervently.”

    Only Democratic lawmakers attended the deposition. No Republican lawmakers travelled for it, though some of their staff members did attend.

    “We should be very clear that there would be no Epstein island, there’d be no Epstein plane, there’d be no money to traffic women and girls,” congressman Robert Garcia, of California, said.

    “Mr Epstein would not be the wealthy man he was without the support of Les Wexner.”

    Wexner, in his opening statement, defended those mentions by saying his relationship with Epstein was limited, and denied any knowledge of the convicted sex offender’s abuse.

    “I was naive, foolish and gullible to put any trust in Jeffrey Epstein,” he said. “He was a conman. And while I was conned, I have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide.”

    He said he was “pleased to testify” and wanted “to set the record straight”.

    Wexner also said he had visited Epstein’s private island for “a few hours” with his family.

    The pair’s relationship dates back to the 1980s and Wexner has said he cut ties after Epstein was accused of sexually abusing children in Florida.

    Wexner said he later discovered Epstein “had misappropriated vast sums of money from me and my family”, a statement he repeated in his opening remarks.

    The retail magnate was identified in a 2019 FBI document as a potential co-conspirator. A separate email also said there was “limited evidence regarding his involvement”.

    Deputy US Attorney General Todd Blanche previously said Wexner’s name “appears in the files thousands of times”.

    Wexner’s lawyers recently told the BBC: “The Assistant US Attorney told Mr Wexner’s legal counsel in 2019 that Mr Wexner was being viewed as source of information about Epstein and was not a target in any respect.

    “Mr Wexner co-operated fully by providing background information on Epstein and was never contacted again.”

    By BBC News

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Jeffrey Epstein Les Wexner
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Desperate hunt for breakthrough in Nancy Guthrie case turns to Mexico

    February 19, 2026

    US to withdraw troops from Syria as tensions mount with Iran

    February 19, 2026

    Etsy sells second-hand fashion app Depop to eBay for $1.2bn

    February 19, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    How to Make Dried Fruit

    February 19, 2026

    How to Make Dombolo Without Yeast

    February 19, 2026

    How to Make Doll Clothes

    February 19, 2026

    How to Make Dice

    February 19, 2026

    How to Make a Dagwood Sandwich

    February 19, 2026

    One police reservist fatally shot, four injured in clash with suspected bandits in Isiolo

    February 19, 2026

    Another police recruit collapses and dies while in training in Kiganjo

    February 19, 2026

    Crime scene officer, telecom and bereaved families called to court in Shakahola massacre trial

    February 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.