Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Near Punch-Up at Burial as Morara Kebaso Confronts Borabu MP Osero Over Graft Claims

    Magati ObeboBy Magati ObeboJune 27, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Near Punch-Up at Burial as Morara Kebaso Confronts Borabu MP Osero Over Graft Claims
    Near Punch-Up at Burial as Morara Kebaso Confronts Borabu MP Osero Over Graft Claims
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Tension briefly flared at a burial ceremony in Borabu on Friday after Inject Party leader Morara Kebaso confronted area MP Patrick Osero over alleged corruption, triggering a heated exchange that nearly turned physical.

    The confrontation unfolded before mourners after Kebaso, who had been invited by the MP to address the gathering, used his one-minute speech to question Osero over the alleged misuse of public resources and demand accountability for taxpayer-funded projects.

    Kebaso accused the legislator of failing to prioritise critical development needs in the constituency and challenged him to explain how public funds had been utilised.

    The situation escalated after the activist criticised the distribution of spotlights to residents, questioning the rationale behind spending public money on the devices to help residents monitor livestock at night instead of investing in long-term development projects.

    Witnesses said a group of youths moved toward Kebaso in what appeared to be an attempt to confront him. In the ensuing commotion, security personnel accompanying the activist were seen restraining individuals associated with the MP, preventing the altercation from escalating.

    The disruption forced Kebaso to cut short his remarks and leave the funeral venue.

    By the time of publication, MP Osero had not publicly responded to the allegations raised against him.

    Earlier in the day, while addressing residents in Kisii town, Kebaso criticised what he described as the MP’s misplaced development priorities, arguing that public funds were being channelled into projects with little impact on residents’ lives.

    The activist, who is positioning himself to challenge Osero for the Borabu parliamentary seat, also questioned an alleged discrepancy involving a tree-planting project at Mwongori Primary School.

    He claimed that only five trees had been planted despite audit reports indicating that more than Sh6 million had been allocated for the initiative.

    “The audit report raises troubling questions. The figures and what is on the ground do not appear to match, and Kenyans deserve accountability on how public funds are spent,” Kebaso said.

    He further argued that the findings pointed to possible misuse of public resources and called for a full explanation on the utilisation of development funds.

    Kebaso also criticised the spotlight distribution programme, maintaining that leaders should prioritise projects that create lasting economic opportunities and improve livelihoods.

    “Instead of investing in projects that transform people’s lives, we are seeing resources spent on initiatives that do not offer lasting solutions,” he said.

    His remarks come amid growing public scrutiny over the management of constituency development funds and increasing calls for transparency and accountability in the implementation of public projects.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Magati Obebo

    Related Posts

    Kisii County office faces eviction over Sh2.4 million rent arrears

    August 18, 2026

    ‘It was a state-backed ambush,’ says Linda Mwananchi over Homa Bay chaos

    August 18, 2026

    Donya defends Ruto as she courts Bonchari voters with empowerment drive

    August 17, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Supreme Court again rejects Trump’s bid to overturn E Jean Carroll sex abuse case

    August 18, 2026

    Kisii County office faces eviction over Sh2.4 million rent arrears

    August 18, 2026

    Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran issue

    August 18, 2026

    ‘It was a state-backed ambush,’ says Linda Mwananchi over Homa Bay chaos

    August 18, 2026

    A Buyer’s Guide to Bidding Confidently at Vintage Guitar Auctions

    August 18, 2026

    Bangladesh says PM will not visit India until Hasina is extradited

    August 17, 2026

    Zambia’s Hichilema leads presidential vote count

    August 17, 2026

    Ronaldo says ‘probably’ in last year of career

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.