Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Judiciary Dismisses Claims Of Releasing “Poisonous” Rice Into Market

    Wycliffe NyamasegeBy Wycliffe NyamasegeFebruary 4, 2019No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    judiciary, poisonous rice
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    judiciary, poisonous rice

    The Judiciary has come out to defend itself amid alleged claims by a section of the media that it ordered release of poisonous rice into the market.

    In a statement on Monday, Deputy Director of Public Affairs and Communication Catherine Wambui termed the reports malicious and only aimed at tainting the image of the Judiciary.

    “The Judiciary’s attention has been drawn to reports in section of the media that the Judiciary ordered release of poisonous rice into the market…This is a malicious and false position aimed at tainting the image of the judiciary,” the statement read in part.

    Wambui said the allegations are not based on facts as the matter before court was never on poisonous rice but about 20% of a batch that did not meet size standards.

    “The Judiciary will like to caution the media against reporting inaccurately and urge them to always verify facts before publishing,” she said.

    The director added that the matter was resolved amicably three months ago and both parties consented to the decision of releasing good rice into the market.

    She blamed the multi-agency that refused to initiate the process after the agreement resulting to the stock being intact by the time Justice Eric Ogola delivered his ruling which ordered immediate release of rice.

    “By consent of both parties in the case, the good rice was released more than 3 months ago but the multi-agency refused to open the go-down. So by the time of the judgement, all the stock was intact,” said Wambui.

    “In his judgement, Justice Eric Ogola considered all the issues and ordered an immediate release. Poison had never been an issue in the entire proceedings.”

    Read: Kalembe Ndile Accuses DCJ Mwilu Of Receiving Sh30 Million To Rig Him Out

    In July last year, a team of detectives allegedly impounded 1 million bags of poisonous rice in Mombasa.

    The office of the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) stated that the rice, originally from Pakistan, had been pronounced unfit for human consumption but somehow found its way into Kenya.

    Do you know of a sensitive story you would like us to get our hands on? Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com  or WhatsApp +254707482874. 

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Catherine Wambui Judiciary
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Wycliffe Nyamasege

    Email news@localhost

    Related Posts

    Four suspects arrested over deaths of 18 elephants in Amboseli ecosystem

    August 23, 2026

    Arati assures county staff of salary payment by Monday

    August 22, 2026

    Kenya sends condolences to Ecuador after death of intelligence boss in chopper crash 

    August 22, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Four suspects arrested over deaths of 18 elephants in Amboseli ecosystem

    August 23, 2026

    US military newspaper editor voices censorship fears after being fired

    August 23, 2026

    Two police officers among seven killed in wrong-way car crash

    August 23, 2026

    Carney calls Trump’s fresh tariffs a ‘miscalculation’ after trade talks collapse

    August 23, 2026

    Student ‘first of Sudanese heritage’ to attend Eton

    August 22, 2026

    Arati assures county staff of salary payment by Monday

    August 22, 2026

    Belgian car salesman becomes prince after DNA test proves royal parentage

    August 22, 2026

    Laptop catches fire on US flight, with passenger treated at airport

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.