Snapchat is known for its unique features, including streaks, which allow users to maintain a consecutive snap exchange with friends. If you’ve noticed a purple circle next to a friend’s name on Snapchat and are wondering what does the purple circle mean on Snapchat, you’re about to unravel the mystery of Snapchat streaks.
Understanding Snapchat Streaks
The purple circle on Snapchat represents a “streak,” a special feature that encourages users to send snaps to each other daily. Streaks are a fun way to maintain consistent communication with friends and can be a source of pride for many Snapchat users.
How Streaks Work
- Sending Daily Snaps: To start a streak, you and your friend need to exchange snaps (photos or videos) for consecutive days. Each snap must be sent and opened within a 24-hour window.
- Streak Icons: As your streak progresses, you’ll see different streak icons next to your friend’s name. The purple circle is the initial streak icon, indicating that you and your friend have sent snaps to each other for one consecutive day.
- Streak Milestones: As you continue the streak, the circle will change color and eventually become a fire emoji. The number next to it represents the number of days your streak has been maintained.
- Streak Goals: Many Snapchat users set goals to achieve longer streaks, with some even reaching hundreds or thousands of days.
Why Streaks Matter
Snapchat streaks are more than just a fun feature; they represent ongoing friendships and consistent communication.
Users often take pride in their streaks and work to maintain them as a symbol of their commitment to staying connected.
How to Keep a Streak Alive
To keep your streaks going and avoid losing them:
- Send a snap to your streak friend every day.
- Make sure your friend opens the snap within 24 hours.
- Use Snapchat’s “Streaks” feature to keep track of your streaks and receive reminders.
Remember that if you or your friend fail to send and open a snap within the 24-hour window, the streak will disappear, and you’ll be back to a purple circle.
The purple circle on Snapchat represents the beginning of a streak, indicating that you and your friend have sent snaps to each other for one consecutive day. Streaks are a fun and engaging way to maintain consistent communication with friends on Snapchat, and they can be a source of pride for many users.
So, if you see that purple circle, keep the streak going by sending a daily snap and enjoy watching the circle change color as your streak progresses!
Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254707482874