Author: KahawaTungu Reporter

Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

Police in Nyamira launched a manhunt for a 22-year-old man who allegedly confessed to killing his girlfriend and burying her body in a shallow grave. The man, identified as Gideon Makori, is said to have been in a relationship with Faith Kemunto, who was reported missing in July. The woman was officially reported missing in July 2025 and after more than a month-long search, a message came to her sister-in-law’s phone from a man sharing the chilling whereabouts of his lover, Kemunto. It turned to be genuine. But the sender is missing. This prompted the police action and exhumed the…

Read More

Deputy President Kithure Kindiki said Kenya is exploring all aspects of trade and cooperation to strengthen ties with Algeria as it looks to expand relations with more African countries. Among the foremost areas of cooperation is Education and knowledge exchange which the two nations have focused on and grown over the recent years. Speaking when he engaged students and professionals living and studying in Algeria, Prof. Kindiki said North African country remains a strong partner noting the increasing trade and the rising number of Kenyans in the country. “We are going to firm up our bilateral relations because Algeria is…

Read More

The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions Friday approved robbery with violence and kidnapping with Intent to cause grievous harm charges against Isiolo Governor Abdi Guyo. Also to be charged are Abdullahi Jaldesa Banticah, Dade Boru, Abdirashid Ali Diba alias Ngila, Abdinur Dima Jiilo, Ahmed Duale, Josephat Mwangi Komu and Yusuf Maina. But Guyo has obtained a court order stopping the planned prosecution. Kiambu High Court judge justice Dorah Chepkwony issued conservatory orders stopping the planned prosecution. She also certified the application as urgent and admitted it for hearing during the ongoing High Court recess. “That a conservatory order…

Read More

A senior digital forensics expert placed cult leader Paul Nthenge Mackenzie at the center of the Shakahola starvation deaths, after presenting damning mobile phone evidence in court. Chief Inspector Joseph Kolum, the 65th prosecution witness, testified that he examined two phones, of Nokia and an Itel make, allegedly used by Mackenzie. The devices contained SIM cards and thousands of WhatsApp messages exchanged between the accused and his followers. The forensic analysis, conducted on April 13, 2023, produced a voluminous 74,658-page report using the Universal Forensic Extraction Device (UFED). The extracted data revealed recurring discussions on fasting, prophecy, the Antichrist, the…

Read More

A suspect was lynched by an angry mob after he had earlier on stabbed and killed a man in an argument over Sh500 in Huruma area, Nairobi. The suspect identified as Yaya Mohamed had on September 3, 2025 stabbed and killed Juma Guyola following an altercation. And after the locals learnt he was behind the stabbing, they trailed him to a house he was hiding and flushed him out before stoning him to death. Efforts by police to rescue him were futile. Police said Guyola had gone to the house of the assailant to demand payment of the money he…

Read More

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) entered into a plea bargain agreement with former Migori County Governor Zachary Okoth Obado and 17 co-accused persons in a corruption case involving the alleged misappropriation of Sh73.4 million. The agreement follows a formal request by the accused to resolve the matter through an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanism, as provided for under the Constitution, relevant statutes, and the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution (ODPP) prosecutorial policies. The accused were first charged in 2021 with 25 counts, including Conspiracy to Commit an Economic Crime, Conflict of Interest, Money Laundering, and Unlawful Acquisition…

Read More

Detectives are investigating murder of a sand dealer in a village in Shinyalu, Kakamega County. The body of Timothy Bwonya, 51 was found lying in a pool of blood after he had been attacked by unknown assailants in Lununi village. Police and locals said he had earlier on sold two lorries of sand. The money he got from the sale of the sand is believed to have prompted his fatal attack, police and locals said. The body had multiple cuts on the head and both hands. The police said they arrested one suspect in connection with the September 4, 2025…

Read More

A man was found dead in his room after a sudden death in Eastleigh, Nairobi. Police said Yassin Hassan, 58 had checked to Jiddah Guest House on 12th Street on August 22, 2025 and has been living there. On September 3, 2025, a manager said he found him lying on bed unresponsive after peeping through the window. The manager had gone to check on him as routine and knocked the door but there was no response. Police were called and forced the door open to access the scene. There were sets of assorted medications that were found in the room,…

Read More

Al Shabaab gunmen shot and killed one person and left three others with serious wounds in an ambush on a security team in Toka area, Garissa County. According to police, the victim was among a group of National Police Reservists and those known as Macawisley when they were ambushed on Thursday September 4 at about 6 pm along the Hagadera–Biyamathobe road at Toka Junction. Macawisley is a collection of clan-based militias based and operating in parts of north eastern and Somalia to bolster security. They collaborate with the security agencies in the area to combat the terror group. Police said…

Read More

Deputy President Kithure Kindiki Thursday expressed confidence that Africa will overcome poverty and insecurity by investing in trade, infrastructure, and digital transformation. Speaking at the 4th edition of the Intra-African Trade Fair (IATF 2025) in Algeria, Kindiki said the continent is entering a watershed moment in which citizens will finally be free of want and fear. “This is Africa’s century because the two aspirations we have always struggled to achieve will be achieved in this century: to liberate the African citizen from fear, and to empower them to live free from want and poverty,” said the Deputy President. He emphasised…

Read More

US President Donald Trump is directing that the Department of Defense be known as the Department of War. He will sign an executive order on Friday for the defence department to use the new name as a secondary title and for Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth to be known as Secretary of War. The Pentagon – which oversees the US armed services – is the successor to the War Department, which was first established as a cabinet-level agency in 1789 and existed until 1947. The responsibility of creating executive departments rests with the US Congress, meaning that an amendment would be…

Read More

First Lady Melania Trump made a rare public appearance at the White House on Thursday, telling the crowd that “the robots are here” and that it is “our responsibility to prepare America’s children” for the AI-driven decades ahead. “Our future is no longer science fiction,” she said. “During this primitive stage, it is our duty to treat AI as we would our own children – empowering, but with watchful guidance.” The event – a meeting of a White House AI education task force established earlier this year – was one of so far only a handful of public events for…

Read More

US President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Thursday that cuts tariffs on Japanese car imports from 27.5% to 15%, easing uncertainty for motor industry giants like Toyota, Honda and Nissan. It formalises an agreement, which was announced in July, to apply a 15% levy to almost all Japanese exports to the US – including vehicles and pharmaceuticals. Tokyo has also agreed to invest $550bn (£410bn) in US projects, and gradually open its economy to American goods, including cars and rice, the White House said. The deal came after months of negotiations between the US and Japan in the…

Read More

Senior security officers in Murang’a County moved to action and drove out a group of land invaders who had been camping in Kakuzi and Delmonte farms. This was after images appeared showing the invaders being involved in wanton destruction of trees on the far. Security officials at the farm took images of the gang in the illegal business. This had also shown the security chiefs had defied directives by Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen, who recently ordered swift security enforcement against the land invaders. A spot-check at Kakuzi Plc confirmed that, two weeks after the orders by Murkomen and more…

Read More

Garissa County Governor Nathif Jama Adan Jama was Thursday grilled by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) following summons to record a statement over an ongoing investigation into alleged mismanagement of Sh1.2 billion. The Governor is under probe for alleged involvement in among others Irregular recruitment of staff and payment of Sh700 million in salaries to ghost workers and conflict of interest in the award of contracts worth Sh265 million to Takaful Insurance of Africa Ltd and Tina Gardens Hotel, firms linked to him. He was also grilled over irregular award of tender for the construction of a pavilion and…

Read More