A suspect is on the run after four people were killed in a shooting at a bar in the US state of Montana, authorities say. The shooting happened at The Owl Bar in the city of Anaconda at around 10:30 local time, the Montana Division of Criminal Investigation confirmed to the BBC’s US partner CBS. The US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) said it was “responding to a shooting where multiple parties have been shot at a business in Anaconda”. Anaconda is a former copper smelting hub, with a population of almost 10,000 people in southwestern Montana,…
Author: KahawaTungu Reporter
Tottenham Hotspur captain Son Heung-min will bring his 10-year spell with the Premier League club to an end this summer, the 33-year-old South Korean said on Saturday. Son, who is under contract until 2026, led Spurs to their first trophy in 17 years with their win over Manchester United in the Europa League final in May, having joined the North London club from Bayer Leverkusen in 2015. While Son did not disclose his next destination, British media have linked him with a move to Major League Soccer club Los Angeles FC. “I have decided to leave the team this summer,”…
The Government Friday guaranteed Kenyans and visitors adequate security during the African Nations Championships (CHAN) set to kick off this weekend. The Ministry of Interior and National Administration has also put in place immigration arrangements to ensure seamless travel into the country and transit to neighbouring countries Uganda and Tanzania. Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen said they are satisfied with the security mechanisms put in place to ensure CHAN is successful. He listed a number of safety protocols put in place to ensure the safety and security of all as well as ease of movement. They include modern CCTV cameras…
Interior and National administration Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen Friday told off those who want to intimidate police officers in the guise that they have committed crimes against Kenyans in their line of duty. He remained categorical that he will not be scared by “anarchists who meted terror on innocent Kenyans and hide in the claim that action taken against the criminals amounted to International Criminal Court (ICC) charges.” “I will not be scared by ICC threats. Scare somebody else, not the people who know the law,” said the CS who vowed to defend officers in ensuring they uphold the rule…
The trade war between the US and Canada has escalated sharply with President Donald Trump increasing the tariff rate on Canadian imports from 25% to 35%. Most goods will avoid the increased costs entering the US market because they are currently exempted under an existing North American trade treaty. But some key products are being hit hard. Earlier this year Canada responded with counter-tariffs of its own on tens of billions of dollars worth of American products, ranging from tomato ketchup to washing machines. While it’s too early to determine the full impact, experts say prices are already creeping up…
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) recovered public land valued at Kes50 million, located within the Kenya Railways Light House Kizingo Estate in Mombasa County. The parcel of land, known as Mombasa/Block XXVI/1137 and measuring approximately 0.0873 hectares, had been irregularly and illegally allocated to Kizingo Apartments Limited before being transferred to Kizingo Condominium Limited in 2011. The land is situated along Pwani Road, near the junction of David Kayanda Road, and houses structures initially developed by the East African Railways and Harbors Corporation in the 1950s, including a four-bedroom house and garage. The property has remained under the occupation…
A man was killed in a fire incident in Amboni area, Mweiga, Nyeri County. Police said the fire broke out on Thursday destroying the house belonging to Anthony Mureithi, 34 who died in the incident. The cause of the incident was not immediately established, police said. The remains were moved to the mortuary pending autopsy and other investigations. Meanwhile, six people were killed in separate accidents in the country on Thursday night alone. The victims included five pedestrians and a rider, police said adding 25 people were injured. They included 14 passengers, four riders and three pedestrians and three drivers.…
A private security guard was injured in the hands after a teargas canister that he had exploded on him in Githurai area, Nairobi. The guard had been off duty and works at a power substation in the Roysambu area. It is not clear where he got the canister. Police said they were alerted that there had been an explosion near Githurai Makuti area and rushed to the scene where they found the guard wreathing in pain with a badly injured left hand. He was rushed to a nearby chemist where he was attended to and explained the teargas canister detonated…
Detectives are investigating the murder of a 66-year-old man whose body was found burnt near his house in Marurui area, Kasarani, Nairobi. Allan Kioko Kitavi was a lecturer at the Kenya Power and Lighting Company Training School in Nairobi. The motive of the murder is yet to be established. His family told police he had on Thursday July 31 evening arrived home at about 5 pm. He later told the family he was headed to the local shopping center for some shopping. He, however, did not return as anticipated. At about 10pm, the family decided to go out to look…
At least five people were Thursday injured in a clash between two groups over circumcision rites in Tiriki, Vihiga County. Circumcision of young boys is common in the area during the holiday. Police said one group nicknamed Ngozi had gathered a group of boys and headed to a shrine behind the local Kaimosi Special School. And while walking and dancing towards Shamakhokho and at Kwa Sabatia area, the group was attacked by another one. The attackers nicknamed Christian used crude weapons to attack the Ngozi ones leading to a bloody confrontation. Police were informed of the July 31 incident and…
Pakistan has sentenced to prison 108 members of jailed ex-Prime Minister Imran Khan’s party, for their involvement in protests against the military in 2023. Violent protests erupted nationwide in May 2023 after security forces arrested Khan during his court appearance on corruption charges. Authorities have already handed down dozens of sentences in the last two years, but Thursday’s convictions – which include a 10-year term for opposition leader Omar Ayub Khan – deal a major blow to Khan’s Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party. Opposition figures have denounced the rulings by the anti-terrorism court, which also disqualified six PTI lawmakers from their…
Hours before a midnight deadline, the White House announced its new trade policy, affecting virtually every nation as the US cemented its pivot away from decades of free trade and toward a new protectionist era. The administration said the “universal” tariff will remain at 10% — the same level implemented on April 2 — for countries the US has a trade surplus with, which is most of them. Nations with which the US has a trade deficit face a 15% floor. In addition to the overall plan, President Donald Trump said he is raising tariffs on Canada from 25% to…
Sean “Diddy” Combs asked the judge who is overseeing his case to acquit him or give him a new trial – before he has even been sentenced. In a 62-page memorandum, filed overnight on Wednesday, Combs’ defense argues that he was unfairly targeted by the federal government and that his conviction was “unconstitutional” and unprecedented. Combs was convicted on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution earlier this month, but was acquitted on the more serious charges of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking. During his trial, prosecutors accused Combs of leading a criminal enterprise made up of some of…
Former Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu was released from prison on a Sh53 million bond pending hearing of his appeal. He had served at least five months jail as he fought to be released. Waititu has been serving a prison sentence after being convicted over Sh588 million graft charges in February 2025. He was on Thursday July 31 granted bond by High Court Judge Lucy Njuguna who had previously declined two bids to be released on bond. Earlier, Waititu had filed an appeal before the High Court challenging his conviction. His initial request for bail was dismissed, with the court assuring…
President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he might skip the upcoming Group of 20 (G20) leaders’ summit in South Africa in November and send someone else to represent the United States, citing his disapproval of South African policies. “I think maybe I’ll send somebody else because I’ve had a lot of problems with South Africa. They have some very bad policies,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One. Trump has taken issue with South African domestic and foreign policies – ranging from its land policy to its case accusing Israel of genocide in the U.S. ally’s war in Gaza. Trump…
