Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    COURT NEWS

    DPP approves murder charges against Kasipul MP Were’s bodyguard, four others

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterJune 3, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) has approved murder charges against five suspects in connection with the killing of Charles Ong’ondo Were (pictured), the late Member of Parliament for Kasipul Constituency.

    The suspects are scheduled to be arraigned on Wednesday, June 4 2025, before the Kibera and Milimani High Courts.

    Three of the suspects—William Imoli alias Imo, Edwin Oduor Odhiambo alias Machuani, and Ebel Ochieng alias Dave Calo—will appear before the Kibera High Court.

    The other suspects, Allan Omondi Ogola, who served as the MP’s bodyguard, and Isaac Kuria alias Kush, whom investigations show was the hitman, will be charged at the Milimani High Court.

    Calo is a director at the Lake Basin Development Authority.

    Investigations indicate that the five, together with others not before the court, conspired and murdered Were on April 30, 2025 at approximately 7:40 p.m.

    The incident occurred at the City Mortuary Roundabout along Ngong Road, within Kilimani Sub-County in Nairobi County.

    On Tuesday, Dennis Sewe Manyasi and Walter Awino Owino driver to MP were released by JKIA magistrate’s court after the prosecution said the two are expected to be state witnesses against accused persons.

    The now witnesses held prayers with their families outside the court after they were released.

    One of the suspects had earlier alleged he received a down payment of Sh850,000, a claim partially substantiated after police recovered part of the money from his home in US dollars.

    The police said the murder was planned way before its execution with meetings within and outside Nairobi. It has been linked to local politics.

    There were up to 12 suspects who had been arrested over the murder probe. Five of them including businessman Philip Aroko were released unconditionally after the probe failed to like them to the murder.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Charles Ong'ondo Murder
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Auctioneer Suspended for Six Months Over Illegal Sale of Businessman’s Trucks

    May 22, 2026

    Court declines to certify as urgent suit on Sh3 billion Bungoma ghost workers

    May 22, 2026

    Court Upholds Mbeere North MP’s Election, Dismisses Petition Challenging Results

    May 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Cem Yılmaz Net Worth

    May 24, 2026

    Acun Ilıcalı Net Worth

    May 24, 2026

    Man found dead after attack in Kisii Town

    May 24, 2026

    Cop dies by suicide in his house in Kiambu 

    May 24, 2026

    Man electrocuted while connecting power to newly constructed kiosk in Nyamira village

    May 24, 2026

    Two killed, 11 injured after bus rolls along Argwings Kodhek Road 

    May 24, 2026

    Suspect killed after opening fire on Secret Service near White House

    May 24, 2026

    Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo

    May 24, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.