Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    Prince Harry and Meghan moving back to UK

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterAugust 20, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    DUESSELDORF, GERMANY - SEPTEMBER 16: Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the closing ceremony of the Invictus Games Düsseldorf 2023 at Merkur Spiel-Arena on September 16, 2023 in Duesseldorf, Germany. (Photo by Chris Jackson/Getty Images for the Invictus Games Foundation)
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to move back to the UK, BBC News understands.

    Prince Harry and Meghan intend to relocate from the US later this month to a private, non-royal residence outside London as first reported by the Daily Telegraph and the Sun.

    The couple’s children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to start at a British school in September.

    King Charles was told of the move on Sunday. There are no current plans for either Prince Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working Royals.

    The Sussexes and their children visited the King at his Highgrove home in July this year, but it is understood the move was not discussed.

    The BBC understands the King was unaware of the move before last weekend but he welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity.

    No change is to the official status of Prince Harry and Meghan is expected and they will remain as private individuals.

    The Prince and Princess of Wales have also been informed of their plans.

    The Sussexes’ left the UK and stepped back from their royal duties in early 2020, before settling in California in March that year.

    Family relations had been strained since, with July’s visit to the King and Queen Camilla being a key development in their relationship.

    The Palace described the meeting at the King’s private home in Gloucestershire as a “private family occasion”.

    It was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years.

    Prince Harry and Meghan had not been in the UK together since 2022, when they attended the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

    Security for the couple has long been a point of tension, with the July visit being reconsidered because the duke’s request for police protection was rejected.

    Last year, Prince Harry lost a legal challengeover the levels of security he and his family are entitled to while in the UK.

    The duke had sought to overturn a decision that had downgraded his security after he stopped being a working royal and moved to the US with the duchess.

    After the announcement of the Sussexes’ intended return, a Home Office spokesperson said decisions on the security of royals were taken by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec), and the UK government’s protective security system was “rigorous and proportionate”.

    Prince Harry has previously said that worries about safety have prevented him from coming to the UK and bringing his wife and children.

    During his July visit the duke promoted his Invictus Games for injured service men and women, which will be hosted in Birmingham next year.

    David Wiseman, chief programmes and strategy officer at Invictus Games Foundation, told the BBC having Prince Harry back in the UK in time for the event in Birmingham next year was “excellent news”.

    “I will be really pleased to have him back in the country. Moving is stressful for anyone so I hope it all goes well and the children settle well at school,” he added.

    That visit was overshadowed by his High Court loss in a privacy case brought against Associated Newspapers, the publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.

    Prince Harry and several other well-known figures claimed the newspaper group used unlawful methods for getting information for stories, allegations which were strenuously denied by Associated Newspapers.

    The duke has complained of press intrusion into his relationship with Meghan and told the court in January: “They’ve made my wife’s life an absolute misery.”

    By BBC News

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Meghan Markle Price Harry
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Dozens dead after boat capsizes in north-western Nigeria

    August 21, 2026

    El Niño set to be ‘strongest in living memory’, says UK’s Met Office

    August 21, 2026

    FBI arrests woman over alleged plot to bomb New York capitol building

    August 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Matthew Rhys Net Worth

    August 21, 2026

    Will Shields Net Worth

    August 21, 2026

    Women sharpen knives for Onchoke as Bonchari 2027 race heats up

    August 21, 2026

    Warrick Dunn Net Worth

    August 21, 2026

    The County that is forgetting its dead: How urban renewal in Kisii has left the dead behind

    August 21, 2026

    Two children drown while playing near water pan in Trans Nzoia

    August 21, 2026

    Boy drowns in open water pit in Kiambu

    August 21, 2026

    Two men killed after sand-harvesting wall collapses in Machakos

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.