Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    HEALTH

    WHO Donates Sh43 Million Medical Equipment to Boost Maternal and Women’s Healthcare

    Damaris GatwiriBy Damaris GatwiriJune 10, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Ministry of Health has received 108 electric obstetric theatre beds and women’s cancer screening and treatment equipment valued at Sh43 million from the World Health Organization (WHO) in a move aimed at strengthening maternal, newborn and women’s health services across the country.

    The equipment was handed over by WHO Representative Dr Neema Rusibamayila Kimambo and received by the Principal Secretary for Medical Services, Dr Ouma Oluga, during a ceremony held at Kenyatta National Hospital. The event also marked the flagging off of the equipment for distribution to beneficiary health facilities.

    According to the Ministry of Health, the 108 electric obstetric theatre beds will be distributed to 45 health facilities across 11 priority counties to enhance emergency obstetric and newborn care services.

    In addition, cancer screening, diagnostic, laboratory, pathology and treatment equipment will be supplied to eight health facilities in Bungoma and Nyandarua counties to strengthen the prevention, early detection and management of cervical and breast cancer.

    Speaking during the handover ceremony, Dr Oluga said the donation supports the government’s efforts to improve maternal and newborn health outcomes under the Every Woman Every Newborn Everywhere (EWENE) Acceleration Plan launched by President William Ruto in May 2026.

    He noted that continued investment in quality maternal healthcare and cancer services is critical in reducing preventable deaths, improving patient outcomes and advancing the country’s Universal Health Coverage agenda.

    “The equipment will strengthen our capacity to provide quality maternal and newborn healthcare while expanding access to critical cancer screening and treatment services for women,” Dr Oluga said.

    The Principal Secretary also highlighted progress under the Women’s Integrated Cancer Services Project, a partnership between the Ministry of Health, WHO and Roche that integrates breast and cervical cancer screening into primary healthcare services.

    According to the Ministry, the programme has so far screened 8,440 women for breast and cervical cancer as well as selected non-communicable diseases. Officials said the newly donated equipment is expected to significantly expand access to screening, diagnosis and treatment services.

    Dr Oluga called on county governments and beneficiary health facilities to ensure proper utilisation, maintenance and accountability of the equipment to maximise its impact and improve healthcare delivery.

    He further reaffirmed the Ministry’s commitment to working closely with county governments, development partners and healthcare workers to strengthen maternal, newborn and women’s health services across the country.

    The Ministry said the initiative forms part of broader efforts to ensure that every woman and newborn has access to quality, affordable and timely healthcare services.

     

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Damaris Gatwiri

    Damaris Gatwiri is a digital journalist, driven by a profound passion for technology, health, and fashion.

    Related Posts

    SHA disburses second batch of payments for pending NHIF claims

    August 15, 2026

    Botox, Balance, and Body Confidence: Inside the Wellness Revolution for Women Over 30

    August 13, 2026

    Duale clarifies Sh6.4 million mandatory travel health insurance requirement for visitors entering Kenya

    August 7, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    I’m Not a Sponsor: Uhuru Kenyatta Hits Back at Ruto Over Opposition Claims

    August 23, 2026

    Three suspects linked to highway robberies arrested in Mtito Andei

    August 23, 2026

    (PICS) Erling Haaland Unveils New Short Hairstyle Ahead of Premier League Opener

    August 23, 2026

    Tabitha Mutinda Reacts After Appointment as WSPU Kenya Chairperson

    August 23, 2026

    18-Year-Old Suspect Arrested Over Murder of 84-Year-Old Woman in Trans Nzoia

    August 23, 2026

    Leading African Institutions, Entrepreneurs and Professionals to Be Honored in Nairobi

    August 23, 2026

    MPs Pledge Support for Expansion of Police Training Facilities Across Kenya

    August 23, 2026

    Technological Gaps, Smuggling and Cross-Border Crime Challenge Operations at Busia Border

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.