Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    4 Suspects Shot Dead In Dramatic Shooting In Buruburu

    Damaris GatwiriBy Damaris GatwiriDecember 24, 2023No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Four young men were Sunday morning shot dead by gunmen in an ambush in Nairobi’s Buruburu area.

    Police said they are investigating the incident that happened at about 3 am.

    A team that visited the scene said they recovered swords from the men aged between 20 and 30.

    Other sources said the car and some of the suspects had been spotted and linked to a robbery in Kisii that had gone bad.

    This was during a robbery at a supermarket last week.

    Some of the suspects managed to escape the drama.

    Out of the six suspects who had been linked to the attempted robbery, four were killed Sunday.

    But police say they do not know who was behind the shooting.

    Nairobi police boss Adamson Bungei said they are investigating the shooting and had not established the motive and those behind it.

    Police said they were called by neighbors who heard the gunshots and mistook them to be fireworks only to find the bodies there in the morning hours.

    Cars near where the one targeted were also damaged.

    Police added three bodies were found outside the car they had and one inside.

    Their car, a Suzuki Swift was sprayed with several bullets imobilising the men.

    Locals said they heard the gunmen shout the slain men were suspected thugs.

    One of the deceased men a National  Identification Card  bearing the name of Brian Mwangi Kariuki.

    Two daggers were also recovered from one of the deceased men and another in the back seat, police said.

    The bodies were moved to the mortuary pending identification and autopsy.

    Bungei also assured city residents of security in the Christmas period.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Damaris Gatwiri

    Damaris Gatwiri is a digital journalist, driven by a profound passion for technology, health, and fashion.

    Related Posts

    Three suspects linked to highway robberies arrested in Mtito Andei

    August 23, 2026

    Tabitha Mutinda Reacts After Appointment as WSPU Kenya Chairperson

    August 23, 2026

    18-Year-Old Suspect Arrested Over Murder of 84-Year-Old Woman in Trans Nzoia

    August 23, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    I’m Not a Sponsor: Uhuru Kenyatta Hits Back at Ruto Over Opposition Claims

    August 23, 2026

    Three suspects linked to highway robberies arrested in Mtito Andei

    August 23, 2026

    (PICS) Erling Haaland Unveils New Short Hairstyle Ahead of Premier League Opener

    August 23, 2026

    Tabitha Mutinda Reacts After Appointment as WSPU Kenya Chairperson

    August 23, 2026

    18-Year-Old Suspect Arrested Over Murder of 84-Year-Old Woman in Trans Nzoia

    August 23, 2026

    Leading African Institutions, Entrepreneurs and Professionals to Be Honored in Nairobi

    August 23, 2026

    MPs Pledge Support for Expansion of Police Training Facilities Across Kenya

    August 23, 2026

    Technological Gaps, Smuggling and Cross-Border Crime Challenge Operations at Busia Border

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.