Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Moi Wins 13-Year Land Battle Against Rift Valley Institute Of Science & Technology

    Mercy AumaBy Mercy AumaDecember 5, 2019No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Environment and Lands Court in Nakuru has handed back retired President Daniel Arap Moi 2,700 acres of land after 13 years of litigation.

    Rift Valley Development Trust associated with former president Moi had moved to court arguing that the land occupied by companies including Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology (RVIST) had been acquired illegally and sold off.

    The trust wanted the land restored to expand the 5,000 acre Deloraine Farm in Salgaa together with the 3,000 acre Technology Farm that is located outside Nakuru.

    In a ruling on Wednesday December 4, Justice Sila Munyao stated that there was no evidence that the trustees who are mandated to sanction for sale of land approved the purchase of the property.

    Read: Mzee Moi Still At Hospital, Needs More Energy Before Being Discharged – Lee Njiru

    Justice Munyao thus ruled that the transactions were illegal and redirected that the land be restored to Trust.

    “The court hereby proceeds to null all subdivisions of the said land and therefore order that it be reverted to the second plaintiff. From the foregoing it will be discerned that my finding is that the Trust deserves to hold the title of the whole land and therefore cancels all the titles on the said land,” read part of the ruling.

    Justice Munyao additionally ordered that the defenders, who initially bought the land surrender their portions and give their vacant possession in a period of 30 days from the ruling date.

    “The defendants in the suit are to surrender the land and give possession withing 30 days from the ruling,” he stated.

    Read Also: Jonathan Moi Widows Settle Estate Wrangle, Agree To List All Children As Beneficiaries

    The land dispute has been in existence since 2006 when the group moved to court seeking to have it solved stating that the land was subdivided and sold illegally.

    The Trust Secretary Julius Sunkuli, speaking after the judgement has applauded the ruling by the court stating that despite taking long, justice has finally been delivered.

    “This is a successful fight of justice for over 13 years. We are happy with the judgement , it has been a long journey for us at Trust, we are against any subdivisions of land and now we can get back to utilize the same accordingly to the benefit of the shareholders,” said Sunkuli.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@kahawatungu.com or WhatsApp +254707482874. You can also find us on Telegram through www.t.me/kahawatungu

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    President Daniel Moi Rift Valley Development Trust
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Mercy Auma
    • X (Twitter)

    Passionate about human interest stories and politics. Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    KNH tells non-emergency patients to seek care elsewhere amid congestion

    August 21, 2026

    Gachagua declines NCIC summons, cites US trip

    August 21, 2026

    Two children drown while playing near water pan in Trans Nzoia

    August 21, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Paredes Gets 10-Match Ban; Argentina Forced to Play in Half-Empty Stadium

    August 21, 2026

    Eight killed in plane crash at remote Alaskan military site, air force says

    August 21, 2026

    Two Mexicans arrested as police uncover big meth lab on South African farm

    August 21, 2026

    Tanzania court rules opposition leader has case to answer in treason trial

    August 21, 2026

    KNH tells non-emergency patients to seek care elsewhere amid congestion

    August 21, 2026

    Gachagua declines NCIC summons, cites US trip

    August 21, 2026

    Panama Canal to cut number of ships passing through due to El Niño

    August 21, 2026

    Hong Kong’s Tiananmen activists convicted in national security trial

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.