Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    WORLD NEWS

    British soldier arrested in Kenya over rape allegation

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiJune 8, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    British soldier arrested in Kenya over rape allegation
    British soldier arrested in Kenya over rape allegation
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A UK soldier has been accused of raping a woman near a British army training camp in Kenya where another soldier was previously accused of murder.

    The alleged rape happened last month close to the British Army Training Unit Kenya (Batuk) near the town of Nanyuki, 200km (125 miles) north of the capital, Nairobi.

    The man was arrested and questioned following the alleged incident, which occurred after a group of soldiers visited a bar in the town.

    An investigation is being carried out by UK military police from the Defence Serious Crime Unit, which looks into crimes allegedly committed by British service personnel in the UK and overseas.

    The UK Ministry of Defence confirmed in a statement that a “service person” had been arrested in Kenya.

    “Unacceptable and criminal behaviour has absolutely no place in our Armed Forces and any reporting of a serious crime by serving personnel is investigated independently from their chain of command,” the MoD said.

    The alleged rape involving a soldier from the British base in Kenya follows previous allegations that a soldier stationed in Kenya was involved in the murder of a local woman in 2012.

    The body of Agnes Wanjiru, who was 21 and a mother of one, was found in a septic tank near the Batuk base three weeks after she disappeared, allegedly after spending the evening with British soldiers.

    The Sunday Times reported in 2021 that a British soldier was believed to have been responsible for her murder.

    The MoD has since said it was co-operating with a Kenyan investigation into the incident.

    The Batuk base was established in 1964 shortly after the East African nation gained independence from the UK.

    The UK military has an agreement with Kenya under which it can deploy up to six army battalions a year for periods of training at the site.

    But the British army has faced a string of allegations about the conduct of some UK personnel at the camp.

    A public inquiry set up by Kenyan MPs last year heard details of alleged mistreatment of local people by British soldiers.

    The allegations including a reported hit-and-run incident, as well as claims that some British soldiers had got local women pregnant before abandoning them and their children when they returned to the UK.

    By BBC News

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Dozens of people abducted in attacks on villages in Nigeria, police say

    August 23, 2026

    Carney say Trump started trade war with fresh tarrifs ‘attack’

    August 23, 2026

    US military newspaper editor voices censorship fears after being fired

    August 23, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    18-Year-Old Suspect Arrested Over Murder of 84-Year-Old Woman in Trans Nzoia

    August 23, 2026

    Leading African Institutions, Entrepreneurs and Professionals to Be Honored in Nairobi

    August 23, 2026

    MPs Pledge Support for Expansion of Police Training Facilities Across Kenya

    August 23, 2026

    Technological Gaps, Smuggling and Cross-Border Crime Challenge Operations at Busia Border

    August 23, 2026

    27,330 Litres of Suspected Illicit Brews Destroyed in Kawangware Operation

    August 23, 2026

    Mudavadi Appoints Poppins Omwenga Miso as WSPU Kenya Executive Director

    August 23, 2026

    Dozens of people abducted in attacks on villages in Nigeria, police say

    August 23, 2026

    Carney say Trump started trade war with fresh tarrifs ‘attack’

    August 23, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.