Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Govt resolves 3 decade long Cheluget land dispute in Narok

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiAugust 20, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Govt resolves 3 decade long Cheluget land dispute in Narok
    Govt resolves 3 decade long Cheluget land dispute in Narok
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    The Government resolved the long-running Cheluget land dispute, ending a three-decade standoff that left thousands of families living on the expansive farm facing the threat of eviction

    Speaking at a public gathering at Kwalela Primary School in Narok South on Wednesday, Lands and Physical Planning Principal Secretary Nixon Korir said the government had taken possession of the land and would immediately begin processing title deeds for individual families occupying the property.

    “The resolution of the Cheluget land issue is part of the long list of historical land problems solved by the current Administration.”

    “I thank Narok Governor Patrick ole Ntutu and Narok South MP Kitilai ole Ntutu for the huge contribution they have made in the resolution of the matter,” Korir said.

    The PS invited Julius Cheluget, the son of the land’s original owner, to confirm the settlement.

    Cheluget’s son told residents that the family had handed over the title deed to the government and withdrawn court cases seeking the eviction of families living on the land.

    “I have been sent here by the President to inform you that we have delivered on the promise he made on the Cheluget land,” Korir said.

    Korir said the government had also resolved the Angata Barikoi land dispute and addressed the boundary dispute involving the Mau Forest.

    He said following the issuance of a title deed for the Mau Forest, caveats previously placed on farms located outside the forest boundary would be lifted in the coming days.

    The dispute had been dragging in courts for decades draining the family resources.

    Senate Majority Leader Aaron Cheruiyot also thanked Governor Ntutu for working with the National Government to resolve the dispute.

    He said the government is determined to solve land disputes in many part of the country.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    4 Americans among 7 dead in helicopter crash in Samburu Kenya

    August 20, 2026

    Man arrested in Kitui after police recover firearm from his house

    August 20, 2026

    Man drowns in septic tank while draining sewer waste in Marsabit

    August 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Ecuador intelligence chief and wife among killed in Samburu chopper crash

    August 20, 2026

    4 Americans among 7 dead in helicopter crash in Samburu Kenya

    August 20, 2026

    Man arrested in Kitui after police recover firearm from his house

    August 20, 2026

    Man drowns in septic tank while draining sewer waste in Marsabit

    August 20, 2026

    Five-year-old boy found dead in Mlolongo house in suspected poisoning

    August 20, 2026

    Govt resolves 3 decade long Cheluget land dispute in Narok

    August 20, 2026

    Israel confirms soldiers fired at car in which Hind Rajab was killed and opens criminal investigation

    August 19, 2026

    Equity Bank defies low rate regime to post Sh45.5 billion in six months*

    August 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.