Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    NEWS

    Murkomen defends Ruto over abduction remarks

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiMay 14, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen with operation Jangile officers
    Interior Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen with operation Jangile officers
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Interior and National Administration CS Kipchumba Murkomen Wednesday defended President Ruto over his remarks on abductions.

    Ruto on Monday came under criticism over his remarks that he will ensure no more abductions take place.

    “Many people misunderstood the president. His remarks were twisted. The President was simply stating the government position that it will ensure no abductions happen.”

    “Do you have to be doing something to put an end to it as a government? The Government has a responsibility to end crime and that is what we are doing,” he said.

    He went on: “Stopping it doesn’t mean we were the ones doing it. When I say, for instance, that we have stopped drug trafficking, does it mean we were involved? No.”

    “The President confirmed what I have been saying all along. That the government is not in the business of abductions,” he said.

    Murkomen was speaking in Marsabit during his 13th Jukwaa La Usalama tour of the county.

    He was accompanied by Marsabit Governor Mohamud Ali, Inspector General Douglas Kanja, Laisamis MP Joseph Lekuton, and his North Horr counterpart Wario Guyo

    Ruto assured the country that all Kenyans reported missing under suspicious circumstances have been safely reunited with their families, emphasizing his administration’s commitment to preventing enforced disappearances.

    Speaking on Monday during a joint press conference with Finnish President Alexander Stubb, who is in Kenya for a three-day official visit, Ruto responded to questions from journalists regarding the recent cases of abductions.
    He stated that the government had taken decisive action to address the situation and prevent it from occurring again.

    “There is an accountability mechanism to ensure such situations are addressed,” said President Ruto. “I undertook to the country that, as a democracy, Kenya will not go back to the dark days when citizens disappeared and their bodies were found in all manner of places. That will not happen under my administration.”

    The President confirmed that all previously reported missing people had been reunited with their families.

    “All the people who disappeared or were abducted have been brought back to their homes. I have given clarity that nothing of that nature will happen again,” he emphasized.

    He did not, however, reveal who was behind the abductions.

    Among the reforms cited by the President to prevent such incidents is the grant of financial and operational autonomy to the National Police Service, which he stated was one of his first actions after taking office

    “The first step I undertook when I became president was to ensure the independence of the police — to give them financial and operational autonomy,” Ruto noted.

    His remarks come as the public becomes increasingly concerned about the rise in cases of enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killings.

    According to a May report from the human rights organization Missing Voices, at least 55 cases of enforced disappearances were reported in Kenya in 2024.

    The report further states that between 2019 and 2024, over 970 Kenyans were victims of enforced disappearances or extrajudicial killings.

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Arati assures county staff of salary payment by Monday

    August 22, 2026

    Kenya sends condolences to Ecuador after death of intelligence boss in chopper crash 

    August 22, 2026

    World Bank sanctions eCitizen director Ayugi and his company Webmasters

    August 22, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Student ‘first of Sudanese heritage’ to attend Eton

    August 22, 2026

    Arati assures county staff of salary payment by Monday

    August 22, 2026

    Belgian car salesman becomes prince after DNA test proves royal parentage

    August 22, 2026

    Laptop catches fire on US flight, with passenger treated at airport

    August 22, 2026

    US rapper BigXthaPlug arrested on drug and gun charges

    August 22, 2026

    Kenya sends condolences to Ecuador after death of intelligence boss in chopper crash 

    August 22, 2026

    World Bank sanctions eCitizen director Ayugi and his company Webmasters

    August 22, 2026

    Top KCB official Rosemary Koech dies by suicide at her Ngong home 

    August 22, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.