Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    SPORTS

    Verstappen can ‘forget about’ winning world title

    KahawaTungu ReporterBy KahawaTungu ReporterNovember 9, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Max Verstappen said he could “forget about” winning the world championship after a chastening Saturday at the Sao Paulo Grand Prix.

    The Red Bull driver qualified 16th for Sunday’s main race after finishing fourth in the sprint earlier on Saturday while McLaren’s Lando Norris won.

    The sprint result extended Norris’ lead over Verstappen to 39 points with four races to go.

    Verstappen is likely to lose a further significant amount of points to Norris unless the Briton, who qualified on pole position, hits trouble in the grand prix on Sunday.

    Asked for his feelings on the championship after qualifying, the Dutchman said: “I can forget about that. Yes, for sure.”

    Verstappen had emerged as a title contender after a remarkable run of form saw him reduce then championship leader Oscar Piastri’s advantage by 64 points with three wins and a second place in four races in Italy, Azerbaijan, Singapore and the United States.

    But a victory by Norris in Mexico last time out stalled Verstappen’s momentum and the Brazil race has proved a difficult experience for Red Bull.

    Four-time world champion Verstappen qualified sixth for the sprint, in which he gained two places by passing Fernando Alonso’s Aston Martin at the start and moving up a position when Piastri crashed.

    Afterwards, he complained of a lack of grip in the car, and the changes Red Bull made in an attempt to improve it made it worse. He was knocked out of qualifying after the first session.

    It was the first time that had happened since the 2021 Russian Grand Prix – and that was as a result of engine problems.

    Verstappen said he and the team did not know why the car was so uncompetitive.

    “We need to understand what our problems are, first of all,” he said. “It’s not been good. It seems that we don’t really understand why it’s going that way.

    “There was just no grip. I changed a few times the car and it didn’t work. That’s something that we need to figure out.”

    Red Bull even changed the floor on their car, reverting to an older specification to the one that had been influential in their step up in performance when it was introduced at the Italian Grand Prix in early September.

    “It’s two different floors, so clearly, that is not it,” Verstappen said.

    By BBC Sports

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Max Verstappen Sao Paulo Grand Prix
    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    KahawaTungu Reporter
    • Website

    Email: Editor@Kahawatungu.com

    Related Posts

    Thrilling “Nightmare in Nairobi” Event Showcases Boxing Talent and Entertainment

    May 20, 2026

    Arsenal champions as Man City draw at Bournemouth

    May 20, 2026

    Boats, fire and an AI song – inside Arsenal’s title win

    May 20, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Key suspect arrested over murder of gospel artist Rachael Wandeto

    May 20, 2026

    Up to 350 jobs under threat at Meta in Ireland

    May 20, 2026

    Barney Frank: One of the first openly gay US congressmen dies aged 86

    May 20, 2026

    Two shot dead during chaotic anti-fuel price protests in Busia Town.

    May 20, 2026

    Muturi Accuses Government of Using Global Crisis to Mask Domestic Economic Failures

    May 20, 2026

    China confirms it will buy 200 Boeing jets after Trump-Xi summit

    May 20, 2026

    Trump exerts iron grip on Republican Party with Massie defeated

    May 20, 2026

    US groups urge investigation into child safety and spending on Roblox

    May 20, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.