Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    Button
    • NEWS
    • BUSINESS
    • KNOW YOUR CELEBRITY
    • POLITICS
    • TECHNOLOGY
    • SPORTS
    • HOW-TO
    • WORLD NEWS
    KahawatunguKahawatungu
    COURT NEWS

    Residents protest after man’s severed head is found in a sufuria in Kericho

    Oki Bin OkiBy Oki Bin OkiFebruary 20, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Email
    Residents protest after man's severed head is found in a sufuria in Kericho
    Residents protest after man's severed head is found in a sufuria in Kericho
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Telegram Pinterest Email Copy Link

    A section of residents of Koisagat village in Kericho County on Wednesday staged protests after the severed head of a middle-aged man was found in a sufuria in one of the houses.

    The torso was later discovered in a thicket two kilometres away, with residents accusing a local businessman of orchestrating the murder, police said.

    The residents also accused the police of colluding with the suspect, who has been responsible for the wave of insecurity in the area.

    Police said they are yet to establish the motive of the murder. The body was moved to the mortuary pending autopsy as the hunt for the killer goes on.

    Elsewhere, at least 39 students from Bureti Technical Training Institute were on Tuesday rushed to Kapkatet sub-county hospital after falling sick due to suspected water contamination.

    Medical officers at the hospital’s emergency unit confirmed that the first batch of affected students arrived at the hospital around 5pm.

    The students were complaining of abdominal pain and epigastric pain.

    They were initially taken to Cheplanget Health Dispensary before being referred to the said hospital for further treatment.

    “Yesterday we received 39 students from Bureti who had acute abdominal pain symptoms and some were vomiting. Out of the 39, four were sick, we stabilized three in our casualty and we admitted one gentleman who had what looked like a shock with severe abdominal pain,” said Deputy Medical Superintendant Dr. Joseph Muia

    Dr. Muia said that public health officials have since been dispatched to the school and are collecting food and water samples to establish the cause of the contamination.

    “According to the report we received, it was attributed that the cause was some water they took in the school but we are still trying to investigate whether it is the cause and some of our health teams have gone to get samples and food they took…it looks like a case of mass food poisoning related to food or water,” he added.

    The student who was admitted is recuperating well and the doctor said he may be discharged later on. Health officials are addressing the issue.

    [19/02, 23:05] Cyrus Ombati Star: Pope alert and joking in hospital, says Italy’s PM after visit
    Italy’s Prime Minister Georgia Meloni has visited the Pope in hospital, where he has been diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs.

    The 88-year-old was admitted to Rome’s Gemelli hospital on Friday with a respiratory infection.
    Meloni said in a statement that she was “very happy to have found him alert and responsive. We joked as always. He hasn’t lost his proverbial sense of humour.”
    She offered him best wishes for a speedy recovery, on behalf of the Italian government and the whole country.
    Earlier in the week, the Vatican said medical tests and a chest X-ray showed “a complex picture”.
    Pneumonia is a serious infection that can inflame and scar the lungs, causing chest pain and making breathing more difficult.
    The Vatican said in its latest update on the pontiff’s fragile health that he was alert and ate breakfast.
    A Vatican official said the Pope was still able to get out of bed and sit in an armchair in his hospital room, and he was continuing to do some work.
    He has cancelled a papal audience scheduled for Saturday and is not well enough to attend Mass on Sunday.
    Outside the hospital, well-wishers and pilgrims have continued to gather to pray, light candles and write notes of encouragement.
    By BBC News

    Email your news TIPS to Editor@Kahawatungu.com — this is our only official communication channel

    Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
    Share. Facebook Twitter WhatsApp LinkedIn Telegram Email
    Oki Bin Oki

    Related Posts

    Supreme Court stops recovery of Sh1.5 billion in Ruaraka land saga

    August 20, 2026

    Two in Range Rover theft case linked to Dr Mutiso murder freed on bond

    August 20, 2026

    Sharon Otieno family seeks compensation after eight-year court battle in Obado murder trial

    August 18, 2026

    Comments are closed.

    Latest Posts

    Will Shields Net Worth

    August 21, 2026

    Women sharpen knives for Onchoke as Bonchari 2027 race heats up

    August 21, 2026

    Warrick Dunn Net Worth

    August 21, 2026

    The County that is forgetting its dead: How urban renewal in Kisii has left the dead behind

    August 21, 2026

    Two children drown while playing near water pan in Trans Nzoia

    August 21, 2026

    Boy drowns in open water pit in Kiambu

    August 21, 2026

    Two men killed after sand-harvesting wall collapses in Machakos

    August 21, 2026

    Boy shot and injured during political rally in Homa Bay

    August 21, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    © 2026 Kahawatungu.com. Designed by Okii.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.