The deadline for the submission of entries for the eighth Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards has been extended to Friday, 28 January 2022.
Africa Magic and MultiChoice are calling on all film and television industry participants and stakeholders across the continent to take part in the celebration of the African film and TV industry by submitting their works.
Films, TV movies, or television series are eligible for entry to the AMVCAs if they were broadcast, publicly screened, or exhibited between December 1, 2019 and November 30 2021. Previous entries and winners in other film and television competitions are also eligible for the awards.
The AMVCAs this year will feature a new category, Best Online Social Content Creator, in recognition of the growing acceptance of content creators across Africa. Creators are to submit their best short-form content that has been publicly broadcast on social media or viewed between December 1, 2019, and November 30, 2021.
The Best Africa Magic Drama Series and Best Africa Magic Original Comedy Series categories are also back for this year’s event.
Below are the Entry guidelines for the eighth AMVCAs
- Prepare a 5-minute-long show reel for your online submission
- Log on to the Africa Magic website. Click on the AMVCA eighth edition banner that will take you to a submissions page.
- Fill out the submission forms and upload the clip. A unique reference number will be allocated to each completed online submission
- Ensure the video edit represents the category of entry and is under 300MB
- Quoting your unique reference number, send a hard drive of the submitted project to one of the following, based on your region:
4 Industrial Street, Ilupeju
Sibongile Mabel Nkosi
137 Bram Fischer Drive, Randburg, 2123
2nd floor, MNET offices
Local Production Studio
Jamhuri Grounds off Ngong road
For digital file delivery mechanism, entry guidelines & additional information, visit www.africamagic.tv/AMVCA